Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I set up my NT chart like my TOS setup???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the NT version 8. I've been day trading es, cl, and gc futures successfully for a while on TOS, but now I'm transitioning to the NT platform to take the combine, and trade for TST.

Look at the pic attached. This is the setup I've always used to day trade. It's set up perfectly, and it's what I'm used. There's a reason for all of it. This set up is like my lucky bat. I need exactly the same arrangement on NT.

Is this possible?

The first problem I've ran into is putting the 3 instruments side by side rather than over and under. See the pic for example.

The second problem I've ran into is getting the volume to match the color of the red and green bars of the chart, and then getting the volume to overlay the chart. See the pic for example.

As you can see in the pic I use 2 MACD indicators. One I use on 5, 13, 1 setting which makes a single line. The other MACD indicator I don't adjust from original settings leaving it as two lines, and this MACD is one I want the red and green bar histogram to blend in with it exactly like on my TOS set up in the pic. See the pic.

Then lastly I need there to be a trading ladder for each chart that fits nicely in the snug trading window next to each of the 3 instruments. I don't really want the DOM's all over the place. I want it all to fit in one, tight window.

Basically the reason I need the setup like that is because I'm working on a laptop. I don't have multiple monitors, and I don't want to use multiple laptops. So I need a tight config.

I appreciate any help. Thanks
    Attached Files

I was told in an email that someone could give me a heads up on some of this stuff. Was that true?

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

Yes, my apologies for the slow response. I am actually working on putting together such a workspace as closely as I can to your desired setup. I'll attach the workspace in question to this thread once complete.
      <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

Attached is what I have had time to create for today. If you'd like to suggest any specific alterations, I can walk you through the process or just do them and attach an updated version of this workspace to this thread.

You'll want to download the attachment, then unzip it to your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces folder.

EDIT: This is actually for version 7, I missed that you were using version 8. I will remake for 8.
        Attached Files
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

NT8 version attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

That is phenomenal. It looks great. You even matched the back ground colors. I'm impressed.

Comment

BTW, is there a way to blend the volume in with the chart.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

If I follow what you mean by that, then yes. Do you mean applying a volume histogram to the main data series panel?

Comment

Yes, so the volume is not shown as a separate box below, but is just over layed on the chart to save space.

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

I believe that is possible. I'll need to look into how it's done, but I'll post back here once I've got something for you.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

I think the Volume Zones indicator would provide what you're looking for. To add that to your charts, just right-click on the charts you want to add it to > left-click Indicators > scroll through the upper left-hand panel until you see 'Volume zones', then double click on that entry to add it to your list of active indicators, then press OK to confirm.

Comment

Alright. Thanks for your time.

BTW, where can I see the archive of webinars for writing script? I see the webinars, but I was hoping to just scan the archives you know.

Thx

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

Do you mean a webinar text transcript archive? There isn't currently such a thing, but that's an interesting idea.

The closest thing I might recommend would be the NinjaScript Educational Resources sections of our help guide:

NinjaScript - Educational Resources

Comment

No. Many educational sites like this one record the webinars, and then you can just browse the previously recorded webinars instead of having to wait for classes to line up with your schedule.

I want to see all of the ninjascript webinars, but I don't want to wait around for all of the classes to come around. I'm sure you understand.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post FrazMann  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes