Open/high/low/close value precision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/high/low/close value precision?

''show data box'' displays daily bar chart $eurusd open/high/low/close values to a precision of 5 decimal places. is that the precision of the numbers internally available to indicators or do the values actually have greater than that number of decimal places.

i ask because polynomial curve fits are very sensitive to data precision. my indicator, TIS_PRC_v2c, does polynomial curve fits and excel Linest() function calculations do not exactly match [sometimes by a significant amount] the TIS_PRC_v2c calcs.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your post.

TenthPip (5 decimal points) if the most detailed data available.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i now understand that the most precision visually available is that displayed by ''show data box'' and is 5 decimal points.

i'm still unclear about what the precision is internally when the indicator is doing its calculations?

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
        i now understand that the most precision visually available is that displayed by ''show data box'' and is 5 decimal points.

i'm still unclear about what the precision is internally when the indicator is doing its calculations?
        Internal precision is determined by the floating point processor. "Print" some values to the output window to see how many decimal places. I cannot tell you offhand because all my classes round to either mathematical precision or tickSize. That is the simplest way that I can test equality for of doubles in a sensible manner.
        Last edited by koganam; 10-02-2015, 05:05 PM.

Comment

many thanks, Koganam.

however, i don't understand how and where to get the values to print to an output window.
          is it a ninja output window to which you are referring? if so, where do i gain access to the values and where is the window?

Comment

Originally posted by joemiller View Post
            many thanks, Koganam.

however, i don't understand how and where to get the values to print to an output window.
            is it a ninja output window to which you are referring? if so, where do i gain access to the values and where is the window?
            I am going to presume that you already have the indicator as open source, and you can edit said indicator.

Do this.

Search for the line in OnBarUpdate() where a value is assigned to the Plot. I do not know what that line is, so I will assume that it says:
            Code:
            Plot0.Set(//some expression in here);
            After that line, insert the following 3 lines:
            Code:
            Print("CurrentBar: " + CurrentBar);
            Print("Plot0 Value: " + Values[0]);
            Print(null);
            Pay attention to the case, punctuation and spacing. It is very important.

Now compile the indicator, then open the NT Output Window and you should see what you want to see; a print of each bar number followed by the value of the Plot at that bar number, and separated by a line.

How to access the Output Window is in the NT Help file. ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tools_menu.htm
            Last edited by koganam; 10-03-2015, 07:14 AM.

Comment

thanks again koganam

the indicator was created for me by Pablo Maglio [''the indicator store''].
              i will continue this discussion with him.

you have been most helpful ... much appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Yesterday, 02:19 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 08:25 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB