can`t type in stop entries in order window. NT7.0.1000.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can`t type in stop entries in order window. NT7.0.1000.30

so I found that on trying to type in a stop entry on this order window it wouldn't work, you had to use the arrow keys only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stopPriceNotEntering.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	903495

so I was advised of the following..
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

• Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
    If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

__________________________________________________ __________________

I did this, and now the entry window keeps thinking its stocks, even though I have entered AUDJPY...

Name:	sharetradingnoooo.PNG
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	903496

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	903497

with this the chart won`t load at all. It did initially, but when I changed it to Linked:Orange, same when I close and open a new chart.

Gone back to my saved workspace, the charts are ok, but same problem with the order entry box. I`ve tried $AUDJPY as the correct syntax as well. same issue.

Hello jitterbug,

The AUDJPY is entered as stock because it is missing "$".

Can you please click your scroll wheel in the Limit or Stop fields and it will update to the current price. From there you can scroll to the price you like. Unfortunately it is as expected that you cannot type in the Basic Entry window.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason thanks the scroll worked,
      ok so is a pip change by example on the AUDJPY 85.22 to 85.23 or is it the 85.22'4 to 85.22'5 ?
      I think the latter is 1/10th of a pip correct and 22 to 23 is a 1 pip change?

Also, if I place a sell stop and its showing pending in the fxpro entry list, should it also be showing "pending" in the control center under "state"...?
      Last edited by jitterbug; 10-05-2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Yes, you are correct in understanding regarding pip changes.

The order should show in the Control Center-->Orders-tab as well. The order should not stay in a PendingSubmit state. This state indicates the order has been sent from NinjaTrader. The order state will update to Accepted or Working once the order arrives at the exchange and a signal is sent back to NinjaTrader.

This does not apply when trading the sim101 account because it is an internal account. The order never leaves NinjaTrader. A common cause for simulation orders to get stuck in PendingSubmit is when no realtime data was received when submitting the order.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason on testing order entries yesterday they all showed up as either pending or working in the order tab as shown, then they weren`t for a bit, now they are again, which is good.

Name:	ordersNowInOrderTab.PNG
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	874872

However I noticed that the positions tab gives sum net of positions instead of keeping running orders separate, is there a way to view the PnL in a column for each individual trade entry?

Here my 2 entries are batched together and a net PnL given, I wanted them on separate lines so I can at a glance see the position of open PnL for each.

Name:	sumTotalinPositionsTab.PNG
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	874871

and just for others, if you right click the fxpro order entry window and choose parameter type/ ticks, this will tell you how pips are calculated, here 10 ticks is 1 pip. so my stop loss is 1 pip (10) and my exit is 300 ticks which is 30 pips.

Name:	ticks.10is1pip.PNG
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	874873

Name:	howpipsarecounted.PNG
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	874874

my entry was filled at 85.36'9 and my exit strategy was set at 85.66'9

is that correct about the pips Jason?... thankyou.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
          19 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Radano
          by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes