Cancelling / Preventing Entry from a Manual trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling / Preventing Entry from a Manual trade

I trade discretionary and was wondering if I can have a strategy stop me from manually entering a position if certain conditions aren't met. Or cancel a manually entered trade before fill (maybe in Onexecution) ?

During high volatility I tend to overtrade and I would like a way to not have to solely rely on my willpower.

Thanks very much

Hello oliver1337,

Thank you for your inquiry.

While undocumented, what you can do is create a strategy that creates order placing buttons that can be used to submit strategy orders and then create logic in your strategy for the orders.

We do have a strategy on our support forums that does provide an example of this: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...d=5&linkid=490

NinjaTrader 8 will allow NinjaScript strategies to access real-world order, execution, and account information. This greatly improves the start behavior of the strategy, allowing for the strategy to adopt the real-world position and continue operation as if the strategy was running.

Here is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide for more information about the IsAdoptAccountPositionAware property that can be enabled for strategies in NinjaTrader 8 so the strategy can be aware of the real-world account position: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...itionaware.htm

Please, also take a look at the Syncing Account Positions section of the NinjaTrader 8 help guide, particularly the "Adopt account position" section.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post r68cervera  
    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes