Maintaining Order State with ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaining Order State with ATM

About once a week my trading plan will pick the Daily Top/Bottom. How to I keep the SL (Stop Loss) and PT (Profit Target) tied to an Entry using the ATM?

Example:

10:00 am Enter Long at what I think is the Bottom at 1400.00 with SL at 8 ticks and PT at 75 ticks. I want to keep this trade open until the market closes or the 75 tick PT is hit.

10:30 am Enter Counter Trend Short at 1410.00 with SL at 5 ticks and PT at 5 ticks.

11:00 am Enter Long at 1405.00 with SL 8 ticks and PT at 8 ticks.

Using the ATM how can I enter the 10:30 Short without closing the open 10:00 Long and/or enter the 11:00 Long without the SL or PT exiting the 10:00 Long? Is there a setting that binds the Entry to the SL and PT? I think I have over looked something but have no idea what it is. I understand how to setup the ATM Params but when I have multiple entries things get screwy.

Thanks. Your Tech Support is the best.

Hello,

This is possible upon using three DOMs with each DOM set to use "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly" as the ATM Strategy Selection Mode in the DOM properties menu.

You would apply each strategy in a seperate DOM. More information can be found in the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason for the fast reply.

I assume that the same can be done with Chart Trader using multiple charts of the same instrument. Is this correct?

I would like to suggest that there be "Selectable Option" on the Dom and Chart Trader to link the the specific entry with its associated SL and TP in one of your future builds. Screen space gets messy with multiple Doms.

You guys are the best.
      Thanks

Comment

Hi,

You are correct in your assumption regarding ChartTrader.

As per your suggestion, I will forward it to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Still missing something I think. I have included an image to help explain.

The 2 hour chart on the left entered a 2 contract position LONG using the same SL for each contract. It has already TP 1 contract so the 2nd has a standing SL and TP that can be seen on the image.

The 5 minute chart on the right enter a 1 contract position SHORT with standing SL and TP.

I am confused because it is indicating that the positions are FLAT which is incorrect and it is not showing the ENTRY Price for either chart.

The ATM Strategy Selection Mode is set to "DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly"

Is this working as designed or have I over looked something?

TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Your account does not hold a position and thus no position is displayed. I suspect this is currently by design but will take a look to see if an improvement can be made.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
            1 response
            0 likes