Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OIF Question

Hello,

As far as I can tell I can not call the DLL from Matlab ( let me know if this is not true). So I am using the OIF instead. Now in the Limit Order filed in the OIF interface, why does it start with 0.25, 0.5, ... ? How can I enter a limit buy order say one tick below the current price ?

thank you for your help.

Hello,
    We don't support Matlab directly, but you can likely add their dlls in order to use their functions in the NinjaScript editor. Custom dlls would need to be stored in Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\custom. You can reference to them through Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator. Right click > reference screen. After adding any references, restart NinjaTrader for them to take effect.

In the OIF it starts at 0 and will increase by the tick size for the instrument when you scroll up or scroll down on your mouse or with the arrow keys. You can type into this window the value that you want. There is not a way to have this price be one tick below the current price. You would could custom NinjaScript programming to do this. Here is an example using EnterLongLimit

Code:
    Variable0 = Close[0] + -1 * TickSize; //This variable sets a value that is the last price + (-1) ticks.
    EnterLongLimit(Variable0, "", ""); //This submits a Long order at the value of Variable0 which would be one tick below the last price.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Cody B.

Thank you for your reply. Can I add this code in the OIF file to submit the order in one OIF file to NT ?

Thank you again.

Comment

Hello,
        This would not be possible in OIF since OIF requires literal values. You would need to write the literal value of Close[0] + - 1* TickSize since OIF will not know what Close is or understand TickSize.
        Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes