X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few terms on Control Center

Hi,

I am trying to understand how Account Performance works and
    having some troubles to understand a few terms under Account Performance - Trades.

On the top, I see Trade #, Instrument, Account, Stretegy, Market pos. and so on.
    I'm not sure what MAE, MFE and ETD stand for and how they work.

For example, I made 1 traded on ES using my own ATM strategy (2 contracts)
    It was LONG at 1984.50, Exit price 1984 (got stopped out lol)
    Entry name is Entry and Exit name is Stop 1 and Stop 2 (I put 1 LONG LIMIT orders with 2 contracts but it looks like it appears to me 2 separate orders at the same Entry price)

I see
    $25 on MAE
    $12.50 on MFE
    $41.18 on ETD (commission is $3.68 which I manually added $1.84 on the platform)

I have two of these as Trade # 1 and 2(1 quantity each) instead of 1 trade with 2 quantities.

Hello,

Please see the definitions of these statistics below:

1. Average MAE:
    This statistic returns a value representing the average maximum run-down your strategy experiences. This information helps you gauge how poorly your strategy’s entry conditions predict upcoming price movement directions. A low percentage here is desirable since it would imply that the price movement after you enter a position follows the direction of your intended trade.

2. Average MFE
    This statistic returns a value representing the average maximum run-up your strategy experiences. This information helps you gauge how well your strategy’s entry conditions predict upcoming price movements. A high percentage here is desirable since it would imply high profitability opportunities.

3. Average ETD
    This statistic returns a value that is useful in giving you a measure of how effective your exit conditions capture the price movements after your strategy enters a position. It shows you how much you give back from the best price reached before you exit the trade. A small number here is generally desirable since it would imply highly optimized exit conditions that capture most of the price movement you were after.

Let me know if this sheds some light on your report, or if you would like any further clarification.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post LawrenHom  
    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
    4 responses