MBtrading data feed disconnect issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBtrading data feed disconnect issue

when MBtrading data dies sporadically through the evening (my internet connection is fine) and I attempt to reload the charts, the FXpro window and its running strategies for different instruments do not continue running. They seem to have frozen.

I tried disconnecting from MBdata and reconnecting, that worked and my strategies loaded up and continued from where they were when I shut down FXpro and reopened it.

this time on disconnecting and reconnecting MB I have the "yellow" circle of death I suppose means its not connected.

(I really need to move my strategies to a vps, this is painful).

even then, my internet is fine, its the MB data feed that's cutting out..not the internet.

so I should configure a back up data feed, does that mean if the main data feed dies the 2nd one will kick in to my feed with close to the same price?

another question is whats the benefit of kinetic if other brokers are offering their same content but for free? is it a more reliable uptime data feed?

and how does that impact my buy/sell signals because I assume the broker I trade with will use their own data to calculate my trades against, and would that match up to kinetics data feed?

Hello jitterbug,

Thank you for your post.
    Originally posted by jitterbug View Post
    so I should configure a back up data feed, does that mean if the main data feed dies the 2nd one will kick in to my feed with close to the same price?
    The backup data feed would have to be connected as well. When the disconnects occurs NinjaTrader would switch to the other connection.
    another question is whats the benefit of kinetic if other brokers are offering their same content but for free? is it a more reliable uptime data feed?
    Kinetick is a data feed provider solely. Kinetick provides extensive historical data and unfiltered real-time data.
    Brokerage data feeds are provided in most cases along with your subscription to their services. So they are not just a data feed, but also an order routing connection as well.
    You can find more information on the data feeds at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rical_data.htm
    and how does that impact my buy/sell signals because I assume the broker I trade with will use their own data to calculate my trades against, and would that match up to kinetics data feed?
    There may be differences between the feeds. This is common in Forex as each provider uses different markets for the data as their is no central exchange.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Patrick

"There may be differences between the feeds. This is common in Forex as each provider uses different markets for the data as their is no central exchange."

in that instance, if I`m using kinetick data, and I say that the data traded down through "100" to 99.98 according to kinetick data. And that affected whether I should have been filled, if I had a limit buy at 100.02 and MB say no it didn't. Then I guess MB have right of way in that instance?

it`s a hypothetical, but I`m sure there are rules in this instance as to which data is honoured, my 3rd party provider or the brokerages?

Comment

Hello jitterbug,

Correct, the broker connection would be correct as you are submitting orders to their feed not Kineticks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Tim-c
        by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes