Download Replay data error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Replay data error

I have setup my NIFTY instrument and am able to see the historical chart. I checked the Historical Data Manger which shows me data available.

Now am trying to setup Market Replay.

First I read that I need to disconnect from my current connection and choose Market Replay Connection which I did accordingly.
    Second I try downloading data File -> Utilities -> Download Replay data. It reports back saying "There is no L1 data....... "

So my question is , is Historical Data not used for Market replay ?
    Why do I have to again download replay data when data is alreay there in the Historical Database ?

I am using the current NT7 version and need your help to sort this out.

Hello SurenForex,

Thank you for writing in. Market Replay data is a different data format than Historical Data and as a result does not use historical data. If you wish to replay historical data, this option is available in NinjaTrader 8. The market replay servers do not record all possible instruments. Because you have created the NIFTY instrument yourself, its data will not be available in the Download Replay Data tool. You will need to record market replay data yourself to be able to access it.

You can set your installation to record for market replay by navigating to Tools -> Options -> Data tab -> Record for market replay

Please note: After enabling this setting, data will only be recorded when you either have a NIFTY chart open or the NIFTY instrument loaded in a market analyzer window.

You can access your recorded data by connecting to the market replay connection.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
    1 response
    0 likes