Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to MS Access DataBase - HELP NEEDED

Friends,

I need your help for my Research Paper workings...

For my thesis, I have compiled historical EOD data into the MS Access database. I have below questions:

My data does not only have OHLCV but also other fundamental data for each Tiker. So I have a relational Database structure.

So like One table that has OHLCV for each day each ticker.

Another table that has mapping for Each TIker and Sector/ Industry.

Another table has mapping for Each Ticker and Products Produced.

Etc etc....

I want to connect this database to NinjaTrader and Pull Data Real Time.

Is this Possible?

Also, Will i be able to Generate A Report like Combined Price Chart or Volumes for All Tickers that Belong to "Steel Sector".

Since its like a Dimension table in my Database...

Any help please?

Hello RitikaGupta,

Thank you for writing in. If possible, this is unsupported in NinjaTrader 7. You would either need to develop this on your own or utilize a 3rd party coder. If you are interested in using a 3rd party to help develop this for you, please let me know and I will have our business development team contact you to assist further.

In NinjaTrader 8, it is possible to create a realtime data adapter which would retrieve your database data into the platform, however this is also unsupported. For some other methods, please see the following post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78348

Will i be able to Generate A Report like Combined Price Chart or Volumes for All Tickers that Belong to "Steel Sector".
    This would not be generated by the Account Performance tab of NinjaTrader, you would need to write a custom indicator which added all the dataseries in the given sector/industry (You can set this up as an "Instrument List" in NinjaTrader: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...trument%2Blist) and then plotted them in the way you wanted on the chart.

To accomplish this you would want to either learn NinjaScript or contact our business development team for more information on 3rd parties that could help you to develop this.

If you are interested in learning NinjaScript, please let me know and I can provide you with our available educational resources.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM