• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

buy/sell pressure indicator...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy/sell pressure indicator...

buy/sell pressure indicator...could someone explain how this works with nInja?..what are the signals?

Looking into the code I believe it just accumulates he trade volume which went of below the big and above the the ask and builds a ratio by dividing through the sum of both.
    DierkNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Buy/Sell Pressure Question

Since it doesn't give a ratio, but shows a percentage of buying pressure in green and a percentage of selling pressure in red, it would appear it's giving the percentage of orders which are lifting the offer (the buy side) vs. selling the bid (the sell side). If so, then it would be a much better indicator of what's really going on than Time and Sales. Can someone please verify my observation or discount it with an explanation that makes better sense, because I've never looked at it previously, so don't have any history to go on? Right now it's pretty much a standoff between the bulls and bears on the 6E at 2:37 CST on 7/28, and the percentages are nearly the same, so would like to see what it tells me when the price is going over the cliff as it did at 3:00 am. If the red percentage was near 100% then, it might prove to be a very helpful indicator.

Comment

Hi JohnU,

Thanks for posting.

Your analysis of the indicators operation is correct - but whether this is a better indicator than time and sales I cannot say. We will leave this thread open for the comment of other users, however.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by futures2018!, Yesterday, 05:01 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by Splex, Today, 12:04 AM
        1 response
        0 likes