Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bund chart will not show the 9pm close on daily chart

Hi there,
    My chart showing daily candles is not showing the proper open/close prices. To be clear, I want the price to show the market open at 7am and to reflect the market close at 9pm.
    At the moment, the daily candle is showing the open at 7am and a close of who knows what time-am guessing it is perhaps 3.30pm UK time 9but hard to figure out thanks to all the Universal GMT or London/Lisbon GMT settings.

However the precise close/timezone thing is not an issue because I have loaded default NT time templates (24 hours, 5 days a week/24 hours, 7 days a week) and the same error still shows on the chart. It shows a closing price of 156.18 (yesterday's random closing price) which is nowhere near the later close of 156.40. Please note that if it was just a wrong timezone then the close price would still be much higher, but the fact is that NT is not recognising the elongated hours that I require.
    I created my own session template starting at 7am and finishing at 9pm, Monday to Friday, and still get the same open and close price as when the original Eurex equity index futures template (8am-10pm) is loaded. But once again, it does not give a correct close price, and insists on taking the close to be at either 3.30 pm or something close. Please note that my PC clock is set to London UK time, and please note that the discrepancy between the NT close of 156.18 is nowhere near any price from 7pm onwards so there clearly is a problem that is not based on PC clock/timezone issues.

Thanks for your help,
    Bootsy

Hello Bootsy,

Can you please tell me to what data feed/broker you connect in NinjaTrader.

Please note that session templates do not affect daily charts, only minute and tick charts. Daily data is loaded as per the OHLC values from the connected data feed. Only when you create a minute or tick based, the session template will determine during what hours data is received. Some data feeds provide daily data in ETH (electronic trading session) and others in RTH (regular trading session).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      I use a Kinetic feed which I believe is owned by NT?
      This is pretty important stuff-a daily chart that doesn't actually display the right closing price is worse than useless-it's just not accurate!

Thanks,
      Bootsy

Comment

Hi Jason,
        This is pretty important stuff-a daily chart that doesn't actually display the right closing price is worse than useless-it's just not accurate!
        Is there any way I can display the actual 9pm close on a daily chart rather than the close that is deemed sufficient according to Kinetic?

Thanks,
        Bootsy

Comment

Hello Bootsy,

Thank you for the follow up.

The session template on daily bars will only effect what date is shown and will effect none of the other data as it is provided directly from the data provider as a settlement price.

If the start and ending times that you are seeing from Kinetick are not gproviding the price you expect then you can work around this for example, by creating a 1440 minute chart (1440 minutes in a day) and applying the session template that would apply to the start/end times for the instrument (Either an RTH or ETH session template like Default 24/7)
          Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by bootsy View Post
            Hi Jason,
            Is there any way I can display the actual 9pm close on a daily chart rather than the close that is deemed sufficient according to Kinetic?

Thanks,
            Bootsy
            You are talking pretty big ......

There is no 9 PM close. EUREX closes at 10 PM CET. The last traded price at 10 PM CET is rather irrelevant, as the underlying bond markets (MTS, EUREX bonds) are already closed for several hours.

Therefore EUREX determines a settlement price at 5h15 PM CET. This settlement price is published by EUREX and should be taken as the official closing price. All quality data feeds (including eSignal, Kinetick DTN/IQ) supply the settlement price and not the last traded price.

Cheap broker feeds build the daily chart from intraday data. In this case the settlement price is not available, and the regular close or the last traded price is supplied as a proxy. Not good.

You should be happy to get professional daily data from Kinetick that comes with the settlement price for futures - and all you do is complain?
            Last edited by Harry; 10-16-2015, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes