Collapse

Unexplicable trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe what just happened to me, there must be something really wrong in my NT. After Forex closed, 5:00 pm, I decided to exit NT, clean the cache folder as you have suggested and restarting it again. My surprise: all today's price data is gone ! How's that possible? what should I do ? I've never seen this before.

However I've just realized a backtest from yesterday-today and results came out, so there must be data, despite that I can't see it in my charts

Maybe this is too ignorant or paranoid, but: all oh these issues might be caused by some "hacking" or "intrusion" in my ip, router , pc ? How could I be sure ?

Please, any hints, suggestions, evaluations ?
    Last edited by pstrusi; 10-19-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like the data is not saving. What chart types are not loading data? What backtests (bar type) return data?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

The EURUSD. Obviously there was something wrong or something corrupted, either database or NT, even more my pc hanged this morning, never before, so I decided to do a clean:

1. Repair database
        2. Reset Database
        3. Uninstall and reinstall NT again

Hoping that with these steps I can prevent further problems.

I'll let u know if any

Thanks

Comment

pstrusi,

I am looking for the Bar Type, not the instrument. Reason being is it seems you are using Tick based bars in this last case and the gap is from the restart. Yet again being due to no historical data from Interactive Brokers for tick data in NinjaTrader. Just looking for clarification here as we are troubleshooting blind.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I don't understand the cause of this following situation:

Because I do several backtest through the day, and for prevent non-sense results, I use to clear the cache of database after close. I do this procedure:
            - Close NT
            - Go to folder: Ninjatrader-db-Cache and then erasing the files within.

Never I had had any issue about it, but now, the last few times, when I restart NT, I realize that there's data missing in several instruments. I don't understand why, because prior to do the clearing, I was sure that all data was complete, so, what are the reasons? how can I address it?

I uninstalled and reinstalled NT but this issue continues to happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your response.

Could be due to an access violation from another program accessing files, like a security program or backup software.

Would you be open to us reviewing the most recent Log and Trace files?
              You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
              Please reference this thread in the e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=79254"

Comment

Hi Patrick, thanks for the answer

Since I want to send the 10-22 files, when actually this happened, I've attached them here. It as low activity day, so it'll be easier to check
                Last edited by pstrusi; 10-23-2015, 08:02 AM.

Comment

pstrusi,

I do not see any access violations, but I do see several disconnects and intermittent connection reports from NinjaTrader and Interactive Brokers in your Log and Trace files. These connection loses can result in missing data when your provider does not support downloading the historical data on re-connect.

I would start first with connecting to a wired connection if you are using a wireless connection. In general, a wired connection is recommended when you are electronic trading.

I would also recommend restarting your PC -> unplugging the power supply to your Modem and Router -> then plugging the power supplies back into the Modem and Router after 30 seconds -> then test your connections.

Check the Log tab for any disconnect messages you may see.

Comment

Thanks Patrick.

Yes, I'm pretty aware of: wired/wireless features, in fact whenever I must trade is always through wired adsl.
                    Regarding often data interruptions, perhaps it was cause my adsl provider was working in my connection ( due a request ) but returning to the my initial question:

Why, then, has that data disappeared from my database when it was actually in there? ( it's roughly about 15 minutes of data before close ) Now I have doubts about how to proceed with NT whenever I want to refresh the database cache folder.

Any comment or suggestion?
                    Last edited by pstrusi; 10-23-2015, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I will check with my colleagues to see what else could be preventing this.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Please shut down NinjaTrader > then go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > then delete the '_Workspaces' file that is a .XML file type (this will not delete your workspaces) > then restart NinjaTrader and open a new chart without any templates applied and advise if you see the same behavior on the new chart as you did with your workspace(s).

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I'll follow your suggestion when on weekend with market closed, I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your attention and help regarding this issue.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Since it's happening again this annoying issue of "disappeared data" and it has nothing to do with the original reason of this post, I've decided to post a new one, where actually is describing the current problem.

Here the post:

I'd appreciate all technical assistance available to address it.

Thanks in advance
                            Last edited by pstrusi; 11-28-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Please refer to my post: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...19&postcount=5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred