Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error connectiong to TWS (Interactive Brokers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error connectiong to TWS (Interactive Brokers)

Hello,

To connect to IB I have followed all the steps as described in http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

On the last and final step, (whilst I am connected to Continuum Ninja Trader as my FIRST primary connection for data), I try to connect to my new Interactive Brokers connection and receive the follow error message:

"Login failed: Cbi Connection.ConnectNow: Failed to call IAdapter.Connect: The type initializer for '' threw an exception"

I have contacted IB but they said I need to contact Ninja Trader to resolve this error. I see a similar post here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=70660 and have also emailed you my trace file. Also attached are TWS and NT connection details.

Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

Thank-you
    Michelle
    Attached Files

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your post.

So I may assist you further please answer the following.

1) What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Example: 7.0.1000.30)
    • You can check under Help -> About

2) Does your Traders Workstation settings match the ones in the second screen shot of our Interactive Brokers connection guide?

3) Does the icon at the top left of your Traders Workstation match the one in the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide? (blue box with IB inside)

I look forward to assisting you further
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there Brandon, please check the email I sent to support too - here are the rest of the details:

Answer1: NT Version: 7.0.1000.30 multi broker
      Answer2 & 3: I downloaded the exact version of TWS as on the connection guide. However the user interface does differ from what is shown in the guide. I have attached a screenshot. In my posting above I also have a screenshot of the exact version/build of TWS I have installed.

Are these all correct?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your reply.

I have reviewed your files and screenshots and everything looks correct. I suspect that the adapter is corrupt. If you reinstall NinjaTrader are you able to connect?

Following these steps will not affect your data, settings, configuration, NinjaScripts, Workspaces, etc.

First save your license key to a document
        You can locate your license key by going to Help> License Key
        Now exit NinjaTrader and uninstall it within Windows Control Center
        Once uninstalled you can redownload NinjaTrader from the link below

Paste your license key
        Select Submit
        Download and then run the installer

Comment

Hi Brandon, I have just followed your instructions and exactly the same error appears: "Login failed: Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow: Failed to call IAdapter.Connect: The type initializer for '<Module>' threw an exception"

Please I really need help with this. I purposely upgraded Ninja Trader to multi broker a few weeks ago.

Awaiting you reply,
          Michelle

Comment

Hello Michelle,

Thanks for your reply.

Please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this error and requesting a remote call so we can look into this further.

Comment

Hello Michelle,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma, it's very upsetting not being able to log into your broker.
              I assume you are having problems connecting to your broker.
              At this point in time I am still having the same problem. The only way I could get the connection back to my broker was to completely remove Ninjatrader 7 from my computer which included deleting the Ninjatrader 7 folder from the documents folder. After you have done this you can reinstall Ninjatrader and setup your broker connection again.
              As to my new theory as to what is causing it I think it is my Dynamic IP Address which changes every time I close and then restart my computer. I think my changing IP address is breaking the connection to my broker who is AMP Global Clearing. AMP is supposed to support a changing IP address which for me I don't think is happening. I have a new Internet Service Provider and hopefully tomorrow I intend to ask them for a Static IP Address, one that never changes and see if that solves my problem. At the moment I have been letting my trading computer run 24/7 which is not good. I also had this very same problem on my previous trading computer.

Comment

Thanks very much Thommo for writting back. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is with my connection - - however it seems to be provided I open TWS first and login and only then NT and create the connection - will it work. So that's what I do

Thanks again for writing back,
                Michelle

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                12 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DrakeiJosh  
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses