Bar Timer Refresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Timer Refresh

Hi, I've got the bar timer indicator on my charts but it seems that it does only refresh every market tick which is ineffective on a subminute chart in a slow market. How I can set it up to refresh every second?

Using NT 8 by the way....

Thanks!
    Lurefo
    Last edited by lurefo; 10-19-2015, 06:13 AM.

Hello lurefo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

With how the BarTimer is built, it depends on the ticks coming in to function and remain in-sync with the bars on the chart.

If you would really like a timer that will tick on every second regardless of ticks coming in or not, I would suggest checking out this reference about the Timer class on MSDN under the Examples section: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

However, please be aware that this may not accurately follow the chart's bars forming.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Zachary, I've checked the msdn link. How do I go from there to integrate that timer into my charts? Should I create a new indicator with the c# code from msdn? not too good with developing... thanks for the help.

Lurefo

Comment

Hello Lurefo,

You could create a duplicate copy of the already existing BarTimer indicator and move on from there. I'd say that the indicator provides a great base to start off with.

To do this, you'll want to click on New -> NinjaScript Editor in the NinjaTrader Control Center. When the NinjaScript Editor window appears, double-click the Indicators folder on the right-side pane of the window. Double-click BarTimer. The code for the BarTimer indicator will appear. You'll want to right-click inside of this window and select Save As. Name the new indicator to whatever you'd like and then press OK.

You'll now be able to edit the code in this copy of BarTimer.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be glad to assist further.

EDIT: I realized I provided you instructions on how to do this in NinjaTrader 7. I've updated this post for NinjaTrader 8.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG; 10-20-2015, 07:13 AM.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes