Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EnterLongLimit

Hello,

I can´t find in the help guide for EnterLongLimit "simulated" for syntax.

I´m experiencing strange entries in the enterlonglimit from script so I want to assign a very low value when starting the script to avoid any entry. This limit, lets say a value of 100 for ES I dont want to transmit to the exchange.

When conditions are true then the correct enterlonglimit is set.

Can I do like with stoplosses a simulated mode also for enterlonglimit (or however to have the enterlonglimit only on my PC)

Thank you
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You cannot simulate limit orders in NinjaTrader. You can only simulate stop orders.

If you would not like to immediately submit a limit order to the exchange, you can utilize a conditional statement to send off the limit order when the conditions are true.

Can you please describe the strange entries that are occurring with the strategy as well as a snippet of the logic that submits your limit order?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.My limits are working with drawing tools. This is how I "feed" the script from "outside" with a value. All works fine, usually.

But when starting the script it occurs that there is immediately an entry, even when the horizontal line (= my limit value) is "far away". After this 1st wrong entry it works fine all day (but this issue doesn´t occur every time when enabling, strange). As I can´t find the reason I thought to make the 1st as a non-live-trade and from this the next will work live.

In the meantime I also did a solution: when enabling the strategy there is immediately a limit long with price of 20 and a limit short with 10000, and immediately cancelled then before script works its conditions. Both should not be filled logically, they initialize the limitorders and my linevalue. Could this solution cause a problem maybe? I´m feel not really save with that workaround on the live account.

What do you mean please with "you can utilize a conditional statemnt to send off the liit order when the conditons are true"? Can you please give me a short example to follow the idea?

Thank you.
      Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Originally posted by tonynt View Post
        thank you for your reply.My limits are working with drawing tools. This is how I "feed" the script from "outside" with a value. All works fine, usually.

But when starting the script it occurs that there is immediately an entry, even when the horizontal line (= my limit value) is "far away". After this 1st wrong entry it works fine all day (but this issue doesn´t occur every time when enabling, strange). As I can´t find the reason I thought to make the 1st as a non-live-trade and from this the next will work live.
        Can you please provide a simplified version of your script that replicates this behavior?

What do you mean please with "you can utilize a conditional statemnt to send off the liit order when the conditons are true"? Can you please give me a short example to follow the idea?
        Here is a simple example:
        Code:
        if (Close[0] > Close[1]) // if the close of the current bar is greater than the close of the previous bar, submit buy limit order
             EnterLongLimit(....);

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Thank you for your offer to provide a simplified version of the script. But this is to really to big and when I reduce it means I would know where the issue is.

What is the purpose of this limitentry in your example please? I can not follow the idea. Why should I do this limit entry? On a live account? Sorry, I dont understand why to do this. I can force a limitentry, of course. But what does this provide, beside an entry where it should not be. I totally can not follow you.

Thank you
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
          Hello tonynt,

Can you please provide a simplified version of your script that replicates this behavior?

Here is a simple example:
          Code:
          if (Close[0] > Close[1]) // if the close of the current bar is greater than the close of the previous bar, submit buy limit order
               EnterLongLimit(....);

Comment

Hello tonynt,

The code I have provided is sample because you asked for clarification about what I said here:

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
            If you would not like to immediately submit a limit order to the exchange, you can utilize a conditional statement to send off the limit order when the conditions are true.
            It is only a sample. If you wish to utilize a different condition, then you will want to change the condition to submit your limit order at the condition you want.

Without a simplified version of your script that can demonstrate the erroneous behavior that you are having with your strategy, then I won't be able to tell you what may be wrong.

Please, let us know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I understand that you can not tell what might be wrong without (I didnt ask about this anymore)

And I understand what is the provided sample for, that it refers to what you said.

Maybe I did translate wrong, sorry for causing misunderstanding: what I do not understand is what is the purpose of this? I wrote that I try to do a limitorder but that should not go to the exchange. If this can be done simulated (I know now that this doesnt work, OK) OR if it can be done somehow different. Then you replied me "... send off the limit order when conditons are true". What is this for? What do you mean? Then there is a limit-entry at the exchange, no? Sure can I send a limit with conditions true. I´m working with NT for 7 years now. The question is - to what you replied - to do a limitorder that is NOT going to the exchange. (and of course not with (sim or global simulation mode)

Thank you
              Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

It is not possible to create a simulated limit order. It will be submitted to the exchange when the the limit order method call is fired.

A simulated stop order will submit a market order to the exchange once it is triggered.

If you would like to submit a market order at a specific price, you could do the following below. Please note that this is an example.

Code:
                if (Close[0] >= 1000) // if the close price is more than or equal 1000
                     EnterLong(....);
                Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes