NT 7 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 not working

I don't know what happened. But I cannot do much of anything in NT. If I start it up, and try to connect to Market Replay, the Replay window opens, but it just sits there, locked up and won't connect (never hear connect audio or see the green light).. If I hover anywhere in an NT window, the pointer shows the working spinning thing. If I click anywhere, it tells me the program is unresponsive and I get the option of shutting the program down or waiting.

I've rebooted and started NT several times. I've tried repairing the database (that seems to work fine). I've tried "resetting" the replay simulator under the simulator tab. And that freezes NT as well. There were gigs and gigs of trace files. I deleted those, but it didn't fix anything.

Any suggestions on what to try next? I'd hate to have re-install this thing. Or lose the months of tick data I have.

Thanks
    Last edited by lookOutBelow; 10-22-2015, 06:34 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151022.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The trace file is > 5 gigs. I have a feeling this is the problem. I deleted the trace files and tried to connect to Replay again. After walking away for 10 minutes, it ended up connecting.

I'm doing testing on a strategy that trades very frequently. It is getting bogged down after a few thousand trades. I think the reason is this Trace file (just a guess as it is so large)? Is there a way to disable writing to a trace file? At least while I'm doing Market Replay?

Replay is current at 500x and 1 second of Replay time is taking > 10 seconds of actual clock time.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, there would not be a way to disable the writing to the Trace file. However, if your trace file is rapidly growing in size, it is likely we will see some meaningful errors in the trace that may point us to a cause.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151022.txt'.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your response. I never really paid attention to the trace file before. But I see that it appends to the file whatever happens on a particular day. So, if I run 30 days of Market Replay over the course of an afternoon, and each trade day averages 972 trades, that can result in a file getting large, really fast. This is a market making strategy, so it is shuffling orders around constantly with a good deal of cancels, executions, etc.

Anyway...

I no longer think it is the problem. I've started shutting NT down every few days of Replays, deleting the trace file, and re-starting NT. There is still a noticeable delay re-connecting to Replay. Even though that trace file has been deleted.

Is there anything else I should be looking at as to why there is such a delay?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide further information about why this may be occurring without reviewing your diagnostic files. Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. You will find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151023.txt'.
            Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes