Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop market. triggers @mkt when bid/offer touched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop market. triggers @mkt when bid/offer touched?

Here (screen cap) I had a stop market sell order below market price.

The bid had moved down and sat on my stop entry for close to a minute, then moved up, the down again and sat there some more. it wasnt until bid went 59`9 for an instant that my trade triggered and filled.

Is this normal behaviour ? I was always under the impression on a sell stop the bid just needs to match your sell stop to trigger the @mkt order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bid matching stop does not execute. must break the stop price.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	904171

Hello jitterbug,

Thank you for writing in. Are you able to reproduce this behavior or was it an isolated incident? I will investigate this further on my end and we will update this post as soon as possible.

Thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

I don`t understand the question. I can`t control market prices, this is what it was at that time, I noticed it and quickly screen captured it. Are you asking me to "sit here" and wait for something like this to happen again?

I should be filled on something like this. It`s concerning. It only tells me the fill mechanism running is not doing its job.

Comment

Originally posted by jitterbug View Post
        Here (screen cap) I had a stop market sell order below market price.

The bid had moved down and sat on my stop entry for close to a minute, then moved up, the down again and sat there some more. it wasnt until bid went 59`9 for an instant that my trade triggered and filled.

Is this normal behaviour ? I was always under the impression on a sell stop the bid just needs to match your sell stop to trigger the @mkt order.

[ATTACH]35339[/ATTACH]
        If the last traded price does not reach your order's entry level then the order will not fill. The ask or bid reaching your order entry level does not necessarily mean it will fill.

Here is how a stop market order works: Once the last traded price touches your stop your limit order will become active at the specified price. You will then be filled at the best price available up to the limit price. If the market goes past your limit price without being able to be filled, your order will not execute.

This is all dependent on market conditions and is not controlled by the NinjaTrader software.

Comment

I was told by platform support that:
          "The sell stop order executes at the bid price and not the ask price. Buy stop orders are executed at the ask price". This was also confirmed by my broker at the time at MBtrading. It appears you have a different point of view.

Mine was a sell stop order, meaning below current bid/offer.

The market would have moved down by sellers hitting the bids to push the market down to my stop trigger price shown.

if 60`0 shows in the bid. Then that matches the stop and should have triggered an @mkt order to sell/hit the best bid at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jitterbug View Post
            I was told by platform support that:
            "The sell stop order executes at the bid price and not the ask price. Buy stop orders are executed at the ask price". This was also confirmed by my broker at the time at MBtrading. It appears you have a different point of view.

Mine was a sell stop order, meaning below current bid/offer.

The market would have moved down by sellers hitting the bids to push the market down to my stop trigger price shown.

if 60`0 shows in the bid. Then that matches the stop and should have triggered an @mkt order to sell/hit the best bid at the time.
            NinjaTrader does not control how your orders function. your orders will function as designed and process/fill based on the market conditions. if you would like more information about this order and why it processed as it did please contact your the orders desk of your broker.

Comment

The order is not important to me it`s a demo account I`m just wanting to clarify the rule for order fills. As mentioned i`ve been told a sell stop gets triggered into @mkt when the bid matches it, or "Once the last traded price touches your stop.." its ok i`ll ask FXCM and MBtrading about their fill processes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Barry Milan  
              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielSanMartin