Restore Backup Archive Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore Backup Archive Error

I was trying to copy a backup from one computer and restore on a new computer. I am getting a 'Restore Backup Archive Error' saying 'Ninjatrader was unable to restore the selected backup archive file: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\jimbexxxxxx\Documents\NinjaTrader7\trace \CQG.20151024.TXT' because it is being used by another process.

I do I tried restarting the computer with no other documents or folders open and have tried another version of the backup by I get the same message. Do you have any ideas on what I might be missing or need to do?

Thanks so much.

To provide some more info...to get the backup onto the new computer I used a usb drive and copied the backup file into the ninjatrader backup folder and Documents and removed the usb drive and closed all folders and restarted and looked under the process in task manager to see if I could identify what may be open.

Comment

Try turning off indexing and antivirus software on your Ninjatrader 7 folder.

Maybe try again.

Comment

Hello jimbennett150,

Thank you for your post.

Please temporarially shut down any anti-virus or automated backup software which may be scanning for file changes in real-time. After shutting these applications down please restart NinjaTrader and try restoring from the backup again.

If you encounter further issues after trying the above please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The trace file is found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need to review a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151025.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jimbennett150 View Post
          I was trying to copy a backup from one computer and restore on a new computer. I am getting a 'Restore Backup Archive Error' saying 'Ninjatrader was unable to restore the selected backup archive file: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\jimbexxxxxx\Documents\NinjaTrader7\trace \CQG.20151024.TXT' because it is being used by another process.

I do I tried restarting the computer with no other documents or folders open and have tried another version of the backup by I get the same message. Do you have any ideas on what I might be missing or need to do?

Thanks so much.
          the windows date do +1 for exemple 20151025 and will be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbennett150 View Post

Thanks so much.
            the windows date do +1 for exemple 20151025 and will be ok.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin