Problems in charting CL12-15 Rithmic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems in charting CL12-15 Rithmic

I noticed this morning that my CL12-15 chart has been not updating as expected. The data seems to be stuck at the last bar of the last session. Each time I try reloading all historical data, the chart first displays the bars from the last session and then creates a new session and starts creating new bars from the time I reloaded the data as time goes by rather than displaying all the bars from the last session right through the opening time of today's session to the current time. I have confirmed that my current time is within the bounds of the chart's session template (using default 24/7 template). My PC clock is correct. My NT version is 7.0.1000.30. I have tried resetting my instruments, repairing the database, deleting the cache folder but still the problem persists. My datafeed is Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage (TopStepTrader). Surprisingly, this problem only affects CL12-15 but my other instruments (6E12-15 and 6C12-15) are working just fine. Please advise on how this problem can be fixed. Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need the 'trace.20151025.txt' file.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle, is there a fix for this?

I have the same issue with the same CL contract (also with TopStep)- chart is stuck and new candles do not appear. I open the session, and everything is stuck at the session open candle. Occurs on all time frames - 5min, 1hour, etc.

The problem started after UK went through time change on Sunday.

Default 24/7 session template is in use.

I have tried uninstall, various DB repairs, instrument resets, cache clear-out, indicator removal. I deleted all templates for charts / etc, and re-built it all from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mourne View Post
        Kyle, is there a fix for this?

I have the same issue with the same CL contract (also with TopStep)- chart is stuck and new candles do not appear. I open the session, and everything is stuck at the session open candle. Occurs on all time frames - 5min, 1hour, etc.

The problem started after UK went through time change on Sunday.

Default 24/7 session template is in use.

I have tried uninstall, various DB repairs, instrument resets, cache clear-out, indicator removal. I deleted all templates for charts / etc, and re-built it all from scratch.
        As a test to determine if the time change is the root of what you are experiencing please change your chart's session template to Default 24/7. You can do this by right-clicking on your chart > Data Series > Locate the 'session template' property > Choose 'Default 24/7' from the list > OK.

After you've made this change please right-click on the chart and select 'Reload All Historical Data'.

Does the issue persist?

Comment

Problem is still there after following your suggestion. Just noticed - chart is weird, normally you scroll to the right from the last candle and the time changes on the time scale. ( there is a spot for say 16:55 candle, 17:00, 17:05, etc.). When I scroll to the right of the last candle, I just see the time of the last candle. Its like time NT sees stopped at the last candle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mourne View Post
            Problem is still there after following your suggestion. Just noticed - chart is weird, normally you scroll to the right from the last candle and the time changes on the time scale. ( there is a spot for say 16:55 candle, 17:00, 17:05, etc.). When I scroll to the right of the last candle, I just see the time of the last candle. Its like time NT sees stopped at the last candle.
            Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we can look into what you are experiencing in further detail. Please include a link to this forum post in your message.

Comment

So, I'm not the only one whose charts freeze up (see my post entitled "Frozen Chart"). I'd be very interested to see if someone figures this out.
              Tasuki

Comment

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post
                So, I'm not the only one whose charts freeze up (see my post entitled "Frozen Chart"). I'd be very interested to see if someone figures this out.
                Tasuki
                Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we can look into what you are experiencing in further detail. Please include a link to this forum post in your message.

Comment

any resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Benaiah View Post
                    any resolution?
                    Solving what users are experiencing in this case can be any one of many fixes and there is no broad-sweeping fix.

If you are experiencing this please write in the PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we can diagnose and resolve what you are experiencing individually. Please provide a link to this thread when you send in your message.

Comment

Problem with charting of CL 06-16 today

I started experiencing the same problem today. Charts will not load the bars from the start of today's session but only from when I connect or manually refresh them. Tried downloading historical data but this did not fix the problem. I have attached a screenshot and the trace file for your reference. Please look into this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
                        I started experiencing the same problem today. Charts will not load the bars from the start of today's session but only from when I connect or manually refresh them. Tried downloading historical data but this did not fix the problem. I have attached a screenshot and the trace file for your reference. Please look into this.
                        There was an issue with the NinjaTrader 8 historical data servers earlier which has since been resolved.

Can you confirm - is this still occurring? If so, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we can look into what you are experiencing in further detail. Please include a link to this forum post in your message.

Comment

Same old problem

My NT8 CL linebreak charts are not plotting properly today. I have tried repairing the database, downloading historical data but all to no avail. I have attached screenshots of the problematic charts and have also attached the proper or correct charts as were plotted on NT7 (I don't understand why the data plots correctly on NT7 but not on NT8). My NT8 version is 8.0.0.13 64-bit (Standard) - Release Candidate 1 and my datafeed is Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage (TopStepTrader). Please look into this problem.
                          Attached Files

Comment

please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so that we can look into what you are experiencing in further detail. Please include a link to this forum post in your message.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_PatrickG. I have sent the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post habeebft