Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer doesn't show the value

Hello,

I wrote a custom indicator - a sum of RSI of different time frames. I tested it in a chart window and it works well. Unfortunately, it doesn't always show values in a market analyzer window. Sometimes it shows values to all instruments, sometimes only to some of them, sometimes to none of them.
    Indicator is a multi-time-frames indicator and I always check the number of required bars and set bars look back to the number of bars required plus a small number just in case so this is not an issue.
    If I press F5 all values can appear, sometimes all values disappear, sometimes arbitrary number of values appear. Any ideas why it happens and how to fix it?
    Thank you.
    Best regards

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This could be multiple items occurring based on the description.

One item I had noted was that sometimes they appear and not, are you getting any errors in the Tools -> Output Window?

This could also be related to historical data, if you reload all historical data for the instruments and added series, do you see the values appear then?

As for the arbitrary numbers, is this instead just the close price of the instrument? If so, the close price is substituted any time the used Plots value was not set during OnBarUpdate, so for any reason if your conditions to set the value did not become true this could be the case.

If you have a sample that demonstrates the problem if you would like to upload it I could look that over as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes