NT 7 fonts blurry on Windows 10 High Res display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 fonts blurry on Windows 10 High Res display

I installed NT 7 on a new laptop (HP 1020 G1) with 2560 x 1440 resolution display and Windows 10 Pro. The fonts were quite blurry, so I followed some instructions I found in the internet, and changed the DPI settings of the NT 7 executable:

I went to Ninjatrader.exe (executable under Ninjatrader 7/bin64 directory), right-click, Properties, Compatibility, check "Disable display scaling in high DPI settings'.

The fonts look very nice now. Some strings are a bit off the correct location but overall I couldn't find any problems. I may run into something in the next days but right now everything seems fine. I will report if I need to turn this off later.

With most displays now at higher resolution (Surface Pro 3 and 4, etc.) I wonder if someone else has run into this and what issues (if any) I need to be worried about. This will be my main strategy and indicator development notebook.

Thanks.

Have not noticed anything on MSi WS60 4k and MSi WT60 3k. OH this is Win7 64 bit pro.

Other than I can't really read anything in 4k lol.. (not turning display enlargement to 250% or 300%).

Comment

Windows 10 fuzzy font or super small

NT is not up to code with Windows 10 for the simple fact that it is not high DPI aware. Please correct this as W10 has been out for a year. Anyone with high resolution displays gets fuzzy fonts unless they disable display scaling in which case they get a miniature version of NT.
      Get with the program, please.

Comment

Hello crosscreek,

I would like to attempt to reproduce this on my end so that we can find the cause of this behavior and find a solution.

What steps did you take before noticing this behavior?

Could you also include any screen shots that may clarify your previous steps.
        To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
        Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Guys the web version on ninja trader ..the charts are so blurry for me! can anyone help me fix this?

Comment

Duketrades ​,

Thank you for your post on the NinjaTrader forums!

This appears to be a unique case separate from OP's situation. Please email us to platformsupport@ninjatrader[dot]com and one of our technicians would be happy to further assist. You are welcome to reference this post in the body of the email.

Thank you!
            Luis H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by XXtrader, Today, 11:30 PM
            0 responses