Charts Won't Stay On Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Won't Stay On Top

My charts all fall to the back and won't stay on top. I have to use "always on top" for everything but that's a problem too.
    Happens with Strategy Analyzer too or any other function - the output or chart always is behind the control panel screen - so I have to put all the charts into the tray in order to see whatever it is I'm doing.
    Someone said it might be a Windows issue but it only happens with Ninja. I searched Windows to see if there was a setting for this but couldn't find anything.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Jerry

Hello Jerry A,

Thank you for writing in. If you select the control center window, it will be on top and this is typical windows behavior. If you then go to open a new chart and the control center is still on top, this should not be happening. Could you please confirm that this is the case and if not, could you please confirm what exactly is happening so I can better assist?

Alternatively, if you can attach a screenshot or two demonstrating the issue this would help as well.

Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

I've attached two jpgs. If I bring up the control panel, whatever charts I click on in the tray fall BEHIND the panel - in other words, I can only see the charts if I put the control panel in the tray and then work with the charts. This is especially annoying when I'm working with performance reports - the only way I can see them is if I put all the charts in the tray because the report is BEHIND all the charts.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	S1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	876644

Click image for larger version

Name:	S2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	876645
      Thanks for the help

Comment

Hello Jerry,

I cannot reproduce this behavior on my end. When I create a new chart or bring up an existing chart from the Windows task bar, it opens on top of the Control Center. Can you please proceed as follows. Make sure NinjaTrader is shut down and navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader, connect to your broker/data feed and create a brand new chart. Does it open on top of the Control Center or does it still open up behind the Control Center?

You can open your workspaces at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace.

As per the performance report, could it be the charts have 'Always on top' enabled? If so, I suggest to disable it for all your charts. Subsequently the performance report should open on top of charts.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ryjoga
        by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses