• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Default Fill Type and Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default Fill Type and Market Replay

After reading this thread..., I'm a bit confused. So my question is...

If I'm using Market Replay (NT 7) and the Default Fill Type, does a limit order fill only after the level has been passed through? I.e. Bid/Ask is 1.01x1.02, you have a buy limit order sitting at 1.01. The order is only filled when the ask hits 1.01?

That thread seems to suggest that it uses some other calculation based on bid/ask size and price. But looking at the code for the default order type, it says:

* Limit orders are filled if the limit price is traded through
    Can someone clear this up for me? Again, I'm only talking about Market Replay.

Thanks

I may of answered my own question. I ran my strategy with "Liberal" and the results were identical. And then I noticed that fill processing is under the heading of Historical.

Argh.

Does this mean I cannot change the behavior of the Replay fills? I don't want to see my limit orders fill unless the level is passed through. Can I force that to happen somehow?

Comment

Hello lookOutBelow,

Yes, the Default Fill Type setting applies to the Strategy Analyzer and not to the Market Replay. Unfortunately, I do not see a way to force this with the Market Replay. When trading the Replay101 account, orders are execute as per the simulator fill engine. Please see the link below.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...simulation.htm

NinjaTrader provides a state of the art internal simulation engine that can be used to test trading ideas and hone your skills. The simulation engine is not a simple algorithm that fills your order once the market trades at your order price. The engine uses a scientific approach to determine fill probability by including a number of variables including: ask/bid volume, trade volume, time (to simulate order queue position), and random time delays for switching between order states.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's what I was afraid of. Can you send in a request that we can select pass-through fills? I'm afraid the simulator is much too liberal compared to how real fills happen.

Whatever the case, I'd rather, and I'm sure I'm not alone, have a worst case fill scenario - waiting for a fill after the bid/ask has run it over. An option to do this would be helpful.

thanks

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to support such an option for the simulator fill engine to development. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list of possible future enhancements and is assigned to SFT-905.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by TazoTodua, Today, 03:01 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by Mykro, Today, 02:16 PM
            1 response
            0 likes