Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's ATM's are you using? Try mine.

I call my ATM the Launch Arm.

I'm just looking for some feedback about this kind of thing since I started using Ninja Trader not long ago.

This ATM strategy is a risk adverse strategy that capitalizes on quick 2 tick gains to pay for "launching a single contract" into the market trend. The stop losses quickly get you out if you are not right on the money when you enter the trade at a support, resistance, or other indicator points.

Once the strategy is launched, and the single contract is out there paid for by the launch strategy to retrace if it needs to before floating into the trend, I can launch a second Launch Arm strategy in a different DOM. This is how I will scale in because I'm completely conscious of loss risk.

I enter the extra launch arms after the previous launch arms have netted me 8+ ticks each.

The reason I use this strategy is because I notice that I'm always right about the price movement 90% of the time before I enter, and of those 90% of there are at least 2 ticks in my favor that I should have, would have, could have collected, but I rarely do.

I like safe strategies like Warren Buffet does. What is the use of risking lots of money for lots of money if you don't even know if you can keep your money before it's all said and done with? Hedging is the ultimate strategy, and I think this does it.

If you have risk adverse ATM strategies or just amazing ATM's, please post them here.

What do you think about this ATM?
    Attached Files

That's 0.45 reward/risk. Now I'm not one of those "you need a 1:3 risk reward ratio to make money" type of people but I've never found any CFA on NinjaTrader's Managed Futures database that made good returns with a 1+ sharpe ratio on anything less than 1.0 average win/average loss. I scalp intraday off 4 tick range charts in /ES, and my minimum risk reward ATM is 5 tick stop, 5 tick profit target MIT. But I usually scalp for 10-15 ticks, risking 5. I'm no expert or millionaire at trading though, so ignore this post.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post cls71
    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses