Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I converge a 5min chart and 15min chart together as 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I converge a 5min chart and 15min chart together as 1?

I know I've seen it done before. I want the 5 min bars to fit into the 15 min bars, and both bar duration is for the same instrument.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

After adding the two data series to the chart, left click on the data series shown in panel 2 and hold down the mouse button.Next, drag the data series to the panel you wish for it to be added to and release the mouse button.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over how to drag and drop chart objects below:

KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried doing the left click, drag, and drop on the chart panel, but the bottom chart will not over lay the top chart nor vice versa.

I have the FDXM 5 min and 15 min on the same chart panel one under one over the other.

Comment

Hello,

Another way to accomplish this is to right click in the chart and select Data Series. In the Data Series menu select the data series at the bottom of the list on the lower left. Next, on the right side of the menu, set the Panel property to 1 and click OK.

Comment

That worked. Thanks.

Now how would I make the 15 min boxes red and green, but so that they are transparent allowing the 5 min candles to shine through? This way I can see both at once. Thanks

Comment

Hello OathMark1,

The only transparency setting which is included with NinjaTrader by default is a 100% transparency color setting which would hide the 15 minute boxes completely. A partially transparent bar could be accomplished with custom programming however.

In the meantime, one change which might help if the 15 minute boxes are painting on top the 5 minute bars is adjusting a chart property called Z-order. Using Z-order you'll be able to tell the chart to paint the 5 minute bars on top of the 15 minute boxes. To adjust Z-order:

1. Select a data series (either your 15 minute boxes or the 5 minute candles) by left mouse clicking on it
            2. Hold down the "Shift" key on your keyboard and roll the mouse scroll wheel to change the z-order of the object. The current position out of the total number of levels in the z-scale will be displayed.

More information about adjusting Z-order can be found at this link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...me_version.htm

Comment

OathMark.

Attached is a simple indicator that should allow you to do what you want to achieve. Also see the attached image. Set up your 5min and 15min chart. Set the colors of the 15m DataSeries Boxes to Transparent. Insert the indicator and then tweak the opacity settings (from 1-255) until you are satisfied.

sandman
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do.

I know I've seen one of the NT educational videos, and the instructor made the overlay style chart with two different time duration, and the 5min candles showed through the 15min boxes. I remember it was snap, crackle, stop easy for him, but I forget where the video is online.

Comment

Hi OathMark1,

I believe that the video which you are referring to is the Charting 101 training video. I have included a link to the video which starts at the point where they begin creating this chart below:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                  24 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post spwizard  
                  Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes