NT 6.5 ATM does not accept pips in Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 ATM does not accept pips in Strategy

NT 6.0 ATM (Chart Trader) allows pips to be entered as 20, 10 etc. in the stop and target area of the strategy. NT 6.5 does not. The only entry one can enter is 0.0001 or a decimal equivalent for the pips desired. And that doesn't work as the trade gets entered, but the target and SL gets errored out and I only have the market entry. The sub-pip is disabled as per prior instruction. I want to set a straddle above and below a price point. If the straddle were to trigger for LONG, then my ATM strategy would be to place a target and SL for the active trade and OCO the side that was not hit.

How do I enter the pips for Target and SL as only decimal equivalents are accepted? I am told that I should be able to enter whole numbers.

If you have sub-pip disabled, just enter whole number fo X number pips offset for stop/target.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ATM will not accept whole numbers

Ray that does not work. The ATM is set for a decimal entry. Not only that, but you have to use the up and down arrows to input. Try it yourself. Put in an ATM for a ten pip stop and 20 pip target on the GBPUSD. If you can do it, then you must tell me how. The spaces for the stops and targets is prefilled with a 0.0001, UNLIKE in ver. 6.0 where it is a zero (0).

Comment

Right click in the chart trade control and select properties, set "Parameter type" to "Ticks".
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Ray. That worked.

I would make a suggestion. Can an index of key words be created so we can type in the word "PIPS" or "Pip" and get directed to all references to the word (which there are none). The NT index does not recognize pip or forex and consequently we have to rummage around and then not find the reference to parameter type as relating to pips or ticks.

I have read the threads concerning this problem of the people trying to create stops, etc. and how the program could be manipulated for pip recognition and one thread went on and on and had no answer to this situation. I would suggest that a reference be made to handling the Parameter type for future users within the manual. The answer was so simple yet so hidden.

Thanks again. I can trade now.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post frankthearm