Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I trade Nikkei and DAX futures overnight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I trade Nikkei and DAX futures overnight?

I tried connecting to the FDXM and NKD,but the data is not streaming.

Hello OathMark1,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

Make sure End date is set to today's date in the Data Series menu of the chart as well. You can open the Data Series menu by right clicking in the chart and select 'Data Series'.

If the issue remains, please provide me the answers to the questions you see listed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by OathMark1 View Post
      I tried connecting to the FDXM and NKD,but the data is not streaming.
      The markets are closed overnight.

FDXM is rather illiquid.

FDAX trades from 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM CET (2:00 AM EST - 4:00 PM EST most of the year).

Comment

I haven't had a moment to try what Jason is talking about.

I was hoping to be able to trade the overnight asia and on into the european market reactions. They are all kind of tandem with each other piggy backing on the markets and regional news that were open before the next way: Europe rides on Asia's waves, The US rides on Europe's waves after they were riding the Asia wave. And then Asia rides the US wave after we close in the USA.

I very much want to be able to trade these in liquid markets, and I assume that the DAX futures and the Nikkei futures would be the most liquid. I should try to find the Hang Sang futures too because the Nikkei doesn't trade as closely to the China events as does the Hang Sang.

If someone knows how I can trade these 3 liquid markets (DAX, Nikkei, Hang Sang futures), please say here. This is important knowledge for what I do. Thank you.

PS: when I mean trade these foreign index futures, I mean trade them live all day. I think that I can make a lot of extra money if I'm not limited to the few hours of the US session. I work 80 hours a week, and I want to start investing into the over night sessions. Thanks.

Comment

Just responidng for DAX.

FDXM (1 point = 5 EUR0) is illiquid. FDAX (1 point = 25 Euro) is liquid. Stock exchanges and futures market (FDAX) are not open between 10 PM CET and 8:00 AM CET (4PM EST and 2:00 AM EST). The markets are simply closed.

The FDAX is pretty liquid between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM CET (2:00 AM and noon EST). Afterwards it simply follows the US market, but with lower volatility and reduced liquidity.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo