Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placing Live Stock Trades Using TD AmeriTrade DataFeed

Hello,

We have a NT lifetime license and will be trading stocks, using TD AmeriTrade as our datafeed. We will be entering stock trades on Daily charts in NinjaTrader.

After placing an entry using Chart Trader on a NinjaTrader Daily chart, at the end of the day I would want to exit NinjaTrader and shut down my computer. But NinjaTrader would warn me that I have pending orders.

Do I just ignore this warning and exit NinjaTrader?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you may close this warning message to shut NinjaTrader down. Before you shut down I would recommend that you double-check the state of your pending orders. Order state is shown in the Orders tab of the Control Center under the State column.

Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the FCM's Trading Technology servers. OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info.

You said:

If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the order will be active on the FCM's Trading Technology servers. OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is simulated on your local PC.

What does this mean for me? Does it mean that if the exchange does not support a specific order type, then I will not be able to place any trades for that exchange or market?

Should I have OCO functionality enabled or disabled?

Comment

Hello inv97ia4xrs6,

1.) "Does it mean that if the exchange does not support a specific order type, then I will not be able to place any trades for that exchange or market?"

If the exchange does not support a specific order type, that order will be active on your broker's servers.

2.) "Should I have OCO functionality enabled or disabled?"

You can use OCO when you like. What I'm trying to make clear is that the component which sends a cancellation request for one order when another in it's OCO group has filled exists on your local PC. If you turn NinjaTrader off or disconnect from your account OCO cannot function.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for the info.

You said: "If the exchange does not support a specific order type, that order will be active on your broker's servers."

Okay, and if it is active on my broker's servers, will I be able to place the trade then?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, if that type of order is not supported by exchange servers the order can still be placed but would reside at your broker's servers awaiting execution.

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

Appreciate the info.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi