Cannot Place Chart Trader Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

One other thing I noticed. When I go to the Instrument Manager in NinjaTrader and type many different stock symbols, one at a time, oftentimes nothing is returned.

But then if I go to a chart, type the same symbols, one at a time, and then press the Enter button each time, the chart for the symbol appears.

This has happened many times.

Comment

inv97ia4xrs6,

Thank you for your post,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument.

If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created. So the instruments should then be in the Instrument Manager after you type on the chart.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
      Press the 'New' button
      *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
      Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
      Press the 'OK' button

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left hand corner
      Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
      Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
      Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
      You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by inv97ia4xrs6 View Post
        Hi Sledge,

Hawaii Standard Time.
        But these were after the market was closed?

TDA after hours document:

Does such a trade on their website or ThinkOrSwim work for those stocks that did not?
        (You could also try the ToS mobile app for Android or Iphone)?

Comment

Thanks for the info Eric,

Do you think that could be part of the problem why some symbols could not be traded with Chart Trader using the right-click option for Buy-Stop Orders?

Comment

Hi Sledge,

Yes, I was trying to place Buy-Stop Orders (using the right-click option and Chart Trader) in the night time, hoping the order would get filled when the market opened in the morning.

But the right-click option to place a Buy-Stop Order did not appear. There was no Buy-Stop or Sell-Stop for me to select when I right-clicked on the chart.

Any suggestions?

Comment

inv97ia4xrs6,

I don't think this method of plotting the data would be related, since you're able to view data charts for these stocks, that indicates the stock is set up correctly in NinjaTrader with with the mini data box method (typing on the chart).
              Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Eric,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM