Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Handling - Entries per direction

Hello,

This may be an obvious answer, but I'm trying to confirm that simply changing "entries per direction" under Order Handling in the automated strategy set up window will properly scale size? For example, if I have an algo running and I set the entries to 4, and "all entries", then when the signal to enter fires in the algo, it will enter 4 contracts at once....and will also manage all 4 for exit? In other words, let's say it worked and I'm now 4 long, and then the algo triggers an exit signal, it will then exit all 4 positions simultaneously? Or if the algo uses a stop/target, it will populate all 4 stops/targets?

Also, how does this differ from the Order Properties section, where you can select "by default quantity" and change the number? If I want the automated strategy to enter X number of contracts exactly the same as it would enter just 1, which option is the better one to use?

Regards,

Andrew

PS -- Nevermind, I think I figured it out -- you leave entries per direction as 1 and "all entries", but change the order properties to "by default size", and then change the default size in the window to X number of contracts. Running those settings in backtest gives me the results I am looking for.
    Last edited by LightWeight; 11-11-2015, 05:43 PM.

Hello,

It seems you have found your answer, you are correct just changing to the default size and entering the number of contracts should do what you are asking.

The original case you had set up would be more aligned for a strategy which may frequently have a condition become true that needs to open new positions at different points in time in the same direction.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post samish18  
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes