Collapse

|Twitching horizontal line of Price in parallel with MetaEditor or MetaTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

|Twitching horizontal line of Price in parallel with MetaEditor or MetaTrader

Hello, I have encountered a problem with frequent twitching of horizontal line of Price in NT7 when MetaEditor or MetaTrader are lanched in parallel with NinjaTrader.

MetaTrader tech support says "Bla-bla-bla, this is not our problem", the same thing Microsoft does.

Does anybody also encountered this problem? If so, is this problem resolved in NT8?
    Is there any methods to resolve this problem?

Hello dragan.tzvetkovic,

I suggest to check if you have the latest graphic card drivers installed. You can find instructions to check your graphic drivers at the link below.
    This wikiHow teaches you how to update the drivers for your video card (also known as a "graphics card") on a Windows 7 computer. You can use your computer's built-in Device Manager to check online for video card updates; if you don't find...
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I updated my Video drivers to the latest version. And this does not resolve the issue.

Comment

You mention "horizontal line of price". By default charts do not show a horizontal line for price. Am I correct you have the PriceLine indicator installed? Do you experience the issue only for this PriceLine indicator or do you experiencing twitching of other chart items as well?

Do you experience the issue consistently each time both platforms are running? If you then shut down MetaEditor or MetaTrader, you do not experience the issue anymore?

Comment

Horizontal line appears as a standard tool of Crosshair. If you press Ctrl + Q or choose it manually, it will appear, as well as vertical line of time.

First I thought it is only MetaTrader, however it is enough to launch MetaEditor and twitching appears in a moment.

If I close both MetaTrader and MetaEditor, issue dissapears instantly.

PS. To be exact the whole Crosshair is twitching: both Horizonal and Vertical Line.

PPS. I have only 1 indicator installed TimeZoneColors, however, as I mentionned above Horizontal and Vertiacl Lines belons to inherent NT Crosshair Cursor, not to indicator.

On charts without any indicators issue remains.
          Last edited by dragan.tzvetkovic; 11-13-2015, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I see, you refer to the cross hair. If updating the video card drivers does not solve the issue, I am not sure what else you could try.

Can you please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Twitching horizontal line of Price in parallel with MetaEditor or MetaTrader' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post

Can you please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Twitching horizontal line of Price in parallel with MetaEditor or MetaTrader' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
              I have done this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post terofs
              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
              1 response