Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding additional time frames?

Hello,
    I'd like to add additional time frames to the menu in ninja trader. I'm a bit confused about how to go about it and if possible. Here is a screenshot, with what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hello Magiklair,

Thank you for writing in. Unfortunately changing these values is not a feature of NinjaTrader 7 . You can do modify the selections in NinjaTrader 8 however.
    If you are not already aware, the simplest way to change intervals is to directly type into the chart. I have added an excerpt from our help guide on this below:

Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals via Keyboard
    You can change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument:
    Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 12-09" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.

To change bar series:
    Type interval value plus the interval suffix (Value +suffix). Examples: "5M" for 5 minute bars, "100T" for 100 tick bars, etc.
    Available suffixes:
    Suffix interval:
    M - Minute
    T - Tick
    V - Volume
    R - Range
    S - Second
    D - Day
    W - Week
    MO - Month
    Y - Year
    RE -Renko
    To change instrument and interval
    Type the symbol + interval. Example: "AAPL 5M" will change chart to a 5 minute chart of Apple stock.

To add additional series of primary instrument
    Type a plus sign (+) + the interval. Example: "+5M" will add a 5 minute chart of the primary instrument.

To add additional series of any instrument
    Type a plus sign (+) + the instrument and interval. Example: "+AAPL 5M" will add a 5 minute series of Apple stock. If no interval is provided, then the same interval as the primary series will be added.

More information can be found under "How to change a Data Series" here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...price_data.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Okay

Hello,
      thanks for the reply. That's a bit disappointing for those who use multiple time frames. I guess I look forward to ninja trader 8 coming out here then.
      Regards,
      Brian

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_MichaelM View Post
      Hello Magiklair,

Thank you for writing in. Unfortunately changing these values is not a feature of NinjaTrader 7 . You can do modify the selections in NinjaTrader 8 however.
      If you are not already aware, the simplest way to change intervals is to directly type into the chart. I have added an excerpt from our help guide on this below:

Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals via Keyboard
      You can change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument:
      Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 12-09" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.

To change bar series:
      Type interval value plus the interval suffix (Value +suffix). Examples: "5M" for 5 minute bars, "100T" for 100 tick bars, etc.
      Available suffixes:
      Suffix interval:
      M - Minute
      T - Tick
      V - Volume
      R - Range
      S - Second
      D - Day
      W - Week
      MO - Month
      Y - Year
      RE -Renko
      To change instrument and interval
      Type the symbol + interval. Example: "AAPL 5M" will change chart to a 5 minute chart of Apple stock.

To add additional series of primary instrument
      Type a plus sign (+) + the interval. Example: "+5M" will add a 5 minute chart of the primary instrument.

To add additional series of any instrument
      Type a plus sign (+) + the instrument and interval. Example: "+AAPL 5M" will add a 5 minute series of Apple stock. If no interval is provided, then the same interval as the primary series will be added.

More information can be found under "How to change a Data Series" here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...price_data.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Handclap0241