Multiple connections data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple connections data

NT seems to be trying to fetch data from non mapped data source. I use OpenTick for stocks and Zenfire for futures data. In Instrument Manager, I edit all futures and delete the data mapping for OpenTick for futures contracts that I use.

When I connect to OpenTick only, it seems NT is trying to retrieve futures data from OpenTick, and keeps getting errors. If I connect to both sources, I have to connect to Zenfire first in order to get futures data. Why is NT trying to get data from OpenTick when the mapping for futures symbols is blank for OpenTick in Instrument manager?

This is correct behaviour. Mappings have no relevance.

NT will check connections in the sequence they are connected to. Since you connect to OT first, NT will check OT for futures data requests since internally, NT registers OT as supporting futures. It will NEVER roll to the next connection for the data.

If you want futures from ZEN, connect to Zen first, then to OT.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When I connect to Zenfire first, then the simulator cannot trade stocks, only futures. Stock trades issue the error '...Order can't be submitted for Stock instrument...' So, to trade both stocks and futures in one session, I cannot use Zenfire data?

Ultimately what I would like to do is trade futures via ZenFire with Mirus and/or IB, and Stocks using OpenTick tick data using IB as a broker, all in one session. Is this possible?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      This is correct behaviour. Mappings have no relevance.

NT will check connections in the sequence they are connected to. Since you connect to OT first, NT will check OT for futures data requests since internally, NT registers OT as supporting futures. It will NEVER roll to the next connection for the data.

If you want futures from ZEN, connect to Zen first, then to OT.

Comment

That is correct behaviour since the simulator account is tied to the first connection.

Yes, what you want to do is possible for live accounts. Simulation account will be attached to the first connection.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ray,

If you connect to 2 data feeds, let's say esignal and zen-fire. Is it possible to get charts and time&sales data from esignal fed and DOM data from zen-fire feed for example?

Thanks,
          redduke

Comment

You cannot choose which datafeed feeds each window. If you connect to Esignal first then it will be Esignal data in all windows.

Multiple Connections:
            JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for confirming this Jessica.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 05:56 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post Jltarrau