Deleting stored chart data and forcing a fresh download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting stored chart data and forcing a fresh download

Using PATS as my data/main broker and IB as a backup broker. Closed the charts out early yesterday and of course this morning, the data from when NT was closed is missing that time from yesterday (I was connected to PATS first and then IB).

I tried just connecting to IB this morning and opening a new chart and then applying my template, but the gap/missing data still existed.

It wasn't until I deleted the entire mdb database did it force the new data, but of course, I lost my strategies and historical trades.

Short of deleting the database, how can I delete any stored chart data and force a fresh, complete download from IB?

imported post

Hi Steve,

When you open up a chart you need to enter a higher number of days for the backfill data than you did before. So select for instance 30 days of data.

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Vincent wrote:
      Hi Steve,

When you open up a chart you need to enter a higher number of days for the backfill data than you did before. So select for instance 30 days of data.

Vince

OK, that worked... But also, is there any way to just delete all the stored chart data and start totally fresh?

Comment

imported post

Not at this time.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

i tried the method you suggestedbelow when trying to resolve my IB daily chart problem (which i asked about onanother thread a few minutes ago), but i have another question that best fits on this thread.I plugged in 70 days. Am i now no longer able to use this method to reset the data for shorter time frames now that i have stretched mine out to 70? Or can i reset the days to thirty and thenwork my way back out to longer periods?

i track eminis which change every quarter, so in theory i want to track 90 days. Is there a limit to how many days the charts can track. (I have IB so i am setting the interval to 405 minutes instead of using the "daily" interval)

thanks

Comment

imported post

There is no other way to refresh the database. We are putting in an option for R6 NinjaTrader that will allow you to refresh custom time/instrument periods for historical data.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Deleting charts from Ninja Charts Platform

Hi

Could someone assist me in how to delete charts from my DB.I have got far too many charts and i dont know how to delete them.

Thanking you

SS

Comment

Hi sharmas,

Thank you for your post.

You can remove charts by right clicking on the chart and then selecting Templates-->Save As. From the Save As field you can select the template you wish to remove and then hit the 'Remove' button.

Please see the following link for more information.
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                1 response
                0 likes