Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Connection Loss

Hello,

I am having an issue with my primary connection stating that the price feed = lost connection. Please see attached file. The connection keeps dropping in and out.

I am currently running NT on a mac with parallels. However, I have run NT on a windows only laptop and still had the same issues.

I have contacted my ISP (BT) and they are stating that I am not getting drops on my internet connection. I have moved across to a business line which has also enabled me to have a static IP address and this hasn't solved the problem.

My router is a BT business home hub 5, I was also having the same problems on the home broadband connection using home hub 3 and 2 different home hub 5s.

The data provider that I use is Barchart. I also ran a free trial of IQfeed and I was also still having these connection lost messages.

This is driving me crazy as I can't work out a solution. ISP says the fault is not with them, Barchart confirm that they are not seeing any drops and also NT say its not their system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20151116.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20151116.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connection now working

Hello,

Thank you, I managed to get this fixed. I had a BT engineer come round and he changed out my wall socket which increased my broadband speed immediately by almost 20gb/s. The engineer did find some faults, although I'm unsure what they were exactly.

Although this improved my line I don't think that it fixed my main issue with intermittent drop outs of the connection.

I double checked the windows firewall setting and although the box was checked for public access to NT it wasn't checked for the private network. I suspect this is what really solved my issue.

I also now have a static line, this wasn't correctly set up either, so this may have had an impact also.

But I am very happy now as my connection was faultless for the whole of yesterday and I can now get back to trading.

Thanks.

Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post elirion
      by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM