linebreak charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linebreak charts

i have an issue with linebreak charts which seems to appear only during live market .
    i use linebreak charts with base period type ticks,base value 150 ticks and linebreaks 5.
    everytime when the previous bar changes colour from red to green or green to red ,i use it as a signal to enter a trade or exit .but the problem is many times when i reload a chart in live market,the previous bar that had turned green after a series of red bars is now no more green now but its red again.this is making the linebreak charts very unreliable .is it a know problem with such bar type or the problem is on my side.i use a very strong computer with large enough broadband internet connection.so i think it cannot be hardware problem.
    also because such bar types hide the high and low of a bar,i suggest to consider adding wicks and tails to linebreak charts types,that will make the charts much more usefull.
    thank you.

Hello easyfying,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151122.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i just sent you the required trace file.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
      115 responses
      1 like
      Last Post kevinenergy  
      Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH