Net Change For Forex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Net Change For Forex

Is there a way to make a net change indicator that works with Forex? I want to see the net change of a Forex pair from session break at 5:00p.m. Est until the 4.59 p.m. Est the following day. The net change column that can be added to market analyzer displays blank for Forex all Forex pairs.
    I attempted t write an indicator that compared close[1] - Close[0] and add that to the Market analyzer but that did not produce my desired result.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to check who you are currently connected to? I do see that the column does work with FX pairs but it would depend on the data provider on what data is avaliable for the column to use.

Regarding the indicator you made, This may not have worked correctly if you were using anything other than a day chart, Close[1] would just be 1 bar ago so this may have been the incorrect close for the equation.

I looked in the code for the Net Change column, if you do not change any settings the default equation used would look like the following:
    Code:
    Value = (e.Price - e.MarketData.LastClose.Price) / e.MarketData.LastClose.Price;
    Or in an indicator
    Code:
    Math.Round((double)(Close[0] - PriorDayOHLC().PriorClose[0]) / PriorDayOHLC().PriorClose[0] * 100, 2)
    This would give a decimal percentage that appears to match up with the MA so long as the indicator is on CalculateOnBarClose = false like the MA.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank You!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM