Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close running ATM Position manually

Hi,

I like to know, how I can easily close a running (filled) ATM position manually. Flatten All or Close is no choice, as also the other non-filled orders will be removed.
    I know, that I can hit the middle mouse button over the Close button to close only the selected running ATM, but I don't know how I can retrieve the number of it?

Is there any simple solution, to kill the desired running trade?

Thanks ahead!

Hello BearingHH,

Thanks for your post.

The simplest solution would be to place a market order in the opposite direction which is basically what the close button does.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but S1 and T1 are not removed?! The order entry is and the exit position will be displayed (markers).

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I follow. Here is a quick video of what I am seeing when I place an order to enter, then the ATM adds the target and stop, then I place an opposite side market order and the profit and target orders are canceled.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

The same for me (chart trader), but I have a lot of pending orders (ATMs) and when the last added ATM is hit and running, its selected in the pulldown and I could cancel it with the opposite direction (or middle mouse on Close), everything is fine.
          But if another non chosen (in pulldown menu) ATM is hit, it won't work and I get the "ghosting" T1 and S1. I could work with it, if I had an idea, what number the running ATM has, so I could select it and hit Close with the middle mouse.

So far I had to take care of the ATM number and its position value.
          If I could kill all running positions it will be also okay, but with Close I will kill also the pending ones.

Hope, it becomes more clear.

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

To find the running/active ATM strategies you can check the "Orders" tab of the control center and look at the Strategy ID column.

Comment

There is the general strategy name listed, e.g. "Sample1". But I need the active number name as "Active ATM strategy 7 - Sample1", as shown in the pull-down of chart trader, to cancel explicitly this trade and only this one and without the ghosting S1 and T1.

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

Thanks for your reply.

If I am understanding correctly, the issue is that you are using the same ATM multiple times, creating the "* Active ATM Strategy NN - name" in the ATM drop down list where NN is the occurrence number and name is the ATM strategy name.

If that is the case, would it make sense to copy your ATM strategy and create several copies with different names (like A1, A2, A3, A4, etc.) so that you can then uniquely identify the ATM in the orders tab, or from the Active ATM drop down list, the one to cancel?

Comment

Okay, this will be a quick fix - I haven't thought about it :-)

But I have multiple ATM strategies and its possible, that I have some of them placed in my chart. Even if I create five elements for each strategy, it gets a little bit messy in the drop-down.

I would be a very lucky person, if it would be possible to close a trade with a red cross like I can do with the stop and limit (perhaps as an option in the properties).

But thanks so far for your quick support!

Comment

And sometimes the simplest workaround is lying in front of you and you don't see it:

Moving the target below the entry will cancel the trade as desired.

Not my day - sorry for the unnecessary work :-/

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes