Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator crash when setting Y axis value

Hello,

I have a pretty strange issue I haven't been able to resolve, nor to find any solution:

I have an indicator that plots volume bars in several colors depending on the volume itself, close values,... I recently added some extra calculations that depend on colors, close values, etc. with values between 0 and 1, so usually far from the bar values. Since there is no way to plot them in two separate panels I decided to plot them altogether and set manually Y axis value to automatic, to see volume, and fixed between 0 and 1 to see my extra calculations. This works fine with DAX and S&P, for example, but when used with EURUSD it crashes and stops the indicator.

I ask it here, and not in the programming forum, because I'm pretty sure it's not a code issue, since the code remains unchanged. Any idea about what's happening?

Any help or guide is appreciated.
    Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I would be unsure what is occurring based on the description, can you tell me are you getting a platform wide crash or do you just mean the indicator is having an error and does not show up?

If the indicator is just having an error, please provide the error from the Tools -> Output Window or the Log tab that you are seeing. Otherwise I would likely need to test the code you are using in the same manor you are to actually find out the cause of the problem.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

thanks for your reply. It's only the indicator, it suddenly stops. Before making the question I have been playing for a while with the Output Window by placing several Print's into my code, getting no results. I didn't check the log tab, I have done it right now, and when it crashes I get the message "Overflow error. Check OnBarUpdate or Plot methods." I'll try to go a bit deeper and find out where I get this error, and if I am not successful I will write again attaching my code.

Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes