Cannot connect to history Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to history Server

This morning I am getting unable to connect to HDS3 History server.

What's up my charts are all screwed Up?

Jerry

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for notifying us that you are unable to connect to the historical data server.

Our IT has changed the active server. Please restart NinjaTrader and connect once more.

Let me know if you are still unable to download historical data.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea
      I had already rebooted 2 times. After your message I rebooted a 3rd time and it worked.
      I had a situation with a trade when it reconnected so I have an additional question.
      I placed this trade under one of my renamed sim accounts and it was working. What happened was the trade disappeared after the first reboot. When I finally got connected to history data (thank you) the trade had stopped out immediately because the market has reversed. If a similar situation should arise and I have a real money trade working and I have to reboot. Do I need to call in to your brokerage and have the trade cancelled before rebooting or should I be trying to cancel the trade with the rithmic app or will that even work in this instance.

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Hello Jerry,

The change of the active data server took place only a few moments before I posted in this thread and recommended that you restart.

The lack of historical data does not mean there is not live data. Any active order (with or without historical data on a chart) will still show in the Orders tab of the Control Center when connected to the account connection. Any open position will show on the Positions tab of the Control Center.

You can cancel an order from the Orders tab or place a new order to enter or exit, and you can exit a position from Positions tab as long as you are receiving live data.

However, if you are not receiving live data, yes, absolutely call the orders desk and manage your position.

Comment

Chelsea

I was kind of faked out on this one. I did not check the orders tab. I was only looking at the DOM after the first reboot and it was flat. I immediately did a Generate to see the summary/Trade and it was not there yet it had been working. Keep in mind this was a sim trade. Next there were additional reboots including the one where you got me connected again. Then the trade showed up stopped out. So I am still befuddled. If this trade did not show up in the summary or Trade list nor on the Dom, Would it show up in the orders TAB ?
          Regardless, I learned a valuable lesson which is before rebooting cancel any trades.

Thanks
          Jerry

Comment

Hello Jerry,

The Account Performance tab will include all closed trades.
            If the trade was still open, meaning there was an entry and no exit and the position is still long or short, then that trade is not going to show in the Account Performance.

Any live order will be shown on the Orders tab of the Control Center and will not show in the Account Performance.
            Any live position will be shown on the Positions tab of the Control Center.

This is also true for Sim101 orders.

If the position had a working stop loss, when you reconnect if that stop loss is now on the other side of the market it will fill. Otherwise it will remain working.

After the stop loss exits the position and you are once again flat, you can click away from the Account Performance tab, click back to it, then Generate once more and you will see the newly closed trade.

Comment

Chelsea,

Awesome explanation, I got it. This was for me an important element to understand in maintaining control over any adverse risk associated with any systems failure.

Thanks you for taking the time for that.

Jerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes