• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging at startup

Good day
    When I start ninja up now, it hangs even when there are no
    charts to open.
    All there is to load are the dozen or so instruments.

This trouble has been getting worse over the last week or so.
    On a good day, after loading an initial almost empty
    workspace, it can load one with 6 charts and a market
    analyzer screen without problem,
    Version 7.0.1000.26, Windows 7 64b, 8 Gb memory.

Hello sezor,

Thank you for writing in. As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

- Shut down NinjaTrader

- Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

- Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

- After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

- Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Thanks

Thanks MichaelM
      Might it be an indicator at fault if Ninja hangs at startup
      with a single bare chart without indicators?
      I can send you a log file where it did this twice the same
      day before, on the third try, loading the chart correctly.
      Each time it hung, the last line in the log file was
      " 05/12/2015 10:40:10|3|4|CQG.Adapter.SubscribeMarketDataResolv e: DJTIC is not enabled for realtime quotes and trading. "

Comment

Hello sezor,

So that I may further investigate I'd ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file.

The trace file is found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I will need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151206.txt'.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've pruned instruments, charts, workspaces, indicators but the problem continues.
          More or less randomly, ninja hangs either at startup or on loading a workspace.
          Usually with either "loading data" or "saving" in the control center status panel.
          It can hang twice in a row then succeed on the third attempt.
          It can hang after deleting _Workspaces.xml.
          At one time, after deleting _Workspaces.xml (leaving it presumably devoid of
          indicators), during the next startup it gave a beep which was assigned in one
          of the indicators (which I have deleted since).

Comment

Hello sezor,

Did you end up contacting us by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com originally? Could you please send an updated copy of today's trace file to this address with a link to this forum thread?

The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need to review a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151215.txt'.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes