Cloud Based Server Windows 2012 HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud Based Server Windows 2012 HELP!

OK so I am trying to move everything onto my newly acquired cloud based server and have downloaded Ninja Platform and TWS (from Interactive Brokers)

Using this combination on my laptop is absolutely no problem and my startegies run beautifully

Unfortunately I cant get any data in any of my charts on the server and wondered if it is because I am missing Java or some other programs

I open up chart windows but the reload historical data right click option is dull and not live

I also cant seem to copy over my strategies from my laptop to the server

Most likely I am encountering several problems including linking the Ninja Platform with TWS and maybe I haven't even put in my license key correctly

Any help or advice on how to set this all up on my server would be welcomed but it was never this hard on my laptop or the computer I had before that one

Hello hdemet,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread as well as a copy of your license key and today's trace file.

You will find your license key in NinjaTrader's Help > License Key menu.

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20151206.txt'.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK with the help of Kyle in NT support I have managed to prove myself an idiot as I simply forgot about creating a new live connection to IB hence the charts wouldn't load up.

Now I have managed to get the TWS and Ninja software installed on the server and got it running smoothly I can now move onto trying to work out why after importing my main trading strategy I see differing results to those when I run it in Sim mode on my laptop

I suspect it is to do with incorrectly loading back/historical data onto the charts but hopefully now I can concentrate on resolving this issue as I recall having ti before as I like to have 300 days worth of minute data in my charts

In fact of all the problem I have encountered I think this one bugs me most of all - namely IB giving yu an error message for trying to load up too much data at any one time even when I try and do it one instrument/chart at a time with ten minute braks in ebtween:-(

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920