missed/delayed data with Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missed/delayed data with Yahoo

This question is not about establishing data connection, but it's related to data connection to Yahoo. Now about 2.5 hrs after close of US markets, I could obtain end of day data by using Google and Kinetick as connection, but if I use Yahoo as primary connection, the chart only shows up to Friday Dec 4, but not today. My first question is whether this is a problem affecting everybody or just me. Next question is if there's a way to correct this. Thanks.

Hello namsilat,

Thank you for your post.

So that I can look in to this would you please provide me with an example of a symbol which does not display current data?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can probably pick any symbol of your choice, say INTC or MSFT, it affects all the symbols. But here is the problem, right now about 1/2 hr after my initial post, it's working. So the later towards the night it goes, the more likely these quotes will show up. I know Yahoo's quotes are delayed perhaps 20-30 minutes, but it's not clear to me if this "void period" of 2-3 hrs after market close is a problem related to Yahoo or NT7.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Data within NinjaTrader should update as soon as new information is posted by Yahoo. I will make a note to test this tomorrow at about 6:30 PM EST and I will follow up with you here once I've been able to recreate the issue.

Comment

I am sorry Kyle, I think there may be a bigger problem at hand. I just realized comparing charts that the problem is still there, and the DATE is messed up. The best way to explain this is that there should be 5 bars for December so far, which is what's showing on the chart, except the date is mislabelled one day "in advanced", such that bar shown as Dec 7 is really data from Dec 4, and bar shown as Dec 1 is really Nov 30.

Comment

Hello,

Please right click in the chart and select Data Series. On the right side of the Data Series menu which Session Template is selected?

Additionally, which timezone does your PC's clock use?

Comment

For the template it says <Use instrument settings>. I am in the Eastern time zone.

Comment

Hello,

In your MSFT chart, please middle mouse click on the bar labled 12/4 to load that bars OHLC prices in the mini-data box. Can you please provide me with the open, high, low and close which you are seeing reported for this bar?

Comment

for MSFT: open $54.12, high $56.23, low $54.10, close $55.91, which appears ok now we are more than 3.5 hrs after market close. However, if you check RY on TSX (Yahoo symbol RY.TO), for Dec 4 bar: Open $77.20, high $77.37, low $75.91, close $76.36, that's data from Dec 3.

Comment

Hello namsilat,

I am seeing these OHLC values reported for the 3rd when testing here. So that I may further investigate please send me a copy of your database file.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support and checking the 'Database file' option.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1428612

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DynamicTest  
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes