Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloud Server v Laptop Trading Differences

Hi All

Having just migrated everything from my laptop to my new cloud server am thoroughly testing out my trading strategy before going live on the server but have found the following problem

On my laptop in the last 30 days I made 50 trades whilst running the exact same strategy on the Cloud Server I have made 39 trades all of which coincided precisely with 39 of the 50 trades seen on the laptop. I can see absolutely no common theme to these 11 missing cloud server trades

All strategy settings and parameters and indicators are identical but I cannot work out why there should be 11 less trades on my cloud server than I see on my laptop

My Laptop has windows 10, whilst my Cloud Server has Windows 2012

Both the laptop and server are very highly specked memory and multiple core processor wise

None of the missing trades came about due to buy/sell signal generations occurring very quickly after a previous one ie there was always a decent gap of many minutes or even hours between signals

Any comments or suggestions as to why this should be happening would be much appreciated as I really cannot see why these differences can come about with just differing operating systems/machines doing the trading when everything else is identical

BTW The time on my laptop and server are also totally synchronized and the charts look identical too both on my laptop and Cloud server and I can clearly see crossovers that generate the signal s for trades in both environments at the exact same missing trade times but on the laptop a trade took place whilst on the server nothing
    Last edited by hdemet; 12-08-2015, 12:54 PM.

Please ignore this post which I leave up in the hope it assists others and serves as a constant reminder of my total stupidity and idiocy

My problem was that I migrated a version of my trading strategy that had errors in it instead of the latest version which corrected those errors which led to the missing trades

As such I was not comparing identical strategies and hence the missing trades from one system to the other were down to not comparing identical startegies but extremely similar ones

Please accept my humblest apologies and any moderator/administrator should feel free to delete the whole lot of this wasted internet bandwidth if they so wish :-(

Comment

Hello hdemet,

I'm glad to see that you were able to determine what was causing your strategy to behave differently between the cloud server and your laptop!

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238
      by Max238

Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
      1 response