data missing AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data missing AGAIN

YM, ES, NQ all ended their data at 12:12pm or so on the 8th. No historical data at all. Reload historical data is grayed out.

EDIT: Never mind. Went back to the thread from yesterday and hunted down the Internet Time setting as it's different in Win 10. Set that to the .gov one and for some reason, even though the time was correct before, it suddenly populated the historical data.

Why does that do that?
    Last edited by steve0617; 12-09-2015, 08:41 AM.

If your PC clock is out of sync it can cause what you've just experienced. I could not really speculate on how it originally became out of sync.

Are you able to select 'Reload all historical data' now?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      If your PC clock is out of sync it can cause what you've just experienced. I could not really speculate on how it originally became out of sync.

Are you able to select 'Reload all historical data' now?
      That's just it. The day, time, and time zone were all correct previously. The time zone server was set to Microsoft's time.windows.com server instead of the government's.

Yes, I can reload all historical data again.

Comment

time.nist.gov is the server that the exchanges use to sync their time. I do not believe what you experienced was necessarily related to your PC clock however as this would not cause your 'reload all historical data' to be unselectable.

This indicates that you were not connected to the historical data servers. Typically a restart of the platform resolves this, and it seems that it has in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          time.nist.gov is the server that the exchanges use to sync their time. I do not believe what you experienced was necessarily related to your PC clock however as this would not cause your 'reload all historical data' to be unselectable.

This indicates that you were not connected to the historical data servers. Typically a restart of the platform resolves this, and it seems that it has in your case.
          Can't explain it, but I did a full disconnect and close out of NT and then restarted it and reconnected and it still didn't work. That's when I posted and then remembered you had posted something yesterday about the time clock. So I tried that, it worked, and I edited my post.

Strange.

Comment

Four Ninja restarts along with clock change (although it was already on .gov address) didn't do it for me. It took a computer restart followed by three 'reload data'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post martin70  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post TraderBCL