Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial connection

Hi
    I have been running NinjaTrader live with IB for a year and half with no issues. But I saw a partial connection(orange/brown) with IB today. It was the first time I saw it. I could still place manual trades through NinjaTrader. I assume my system should be able to place trades on a partial connection. Am I correct?

Here is a screenshot from my IB account. One of the data feeds is disconnected according to this screenshot. so is it safe to assume that this partial connection is caused by this feed?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Correct, this is likely caused by connection issues to Interactive Brokers' servers. I am unaware if you would be able to place trades on a connection that is partially disconnected, but I would assume it's not recommended. Your broker can provide more information on this topic and what's expected of their connection technology.

I'd be happy to confirm these network connection issues. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20151214.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20151214.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It was caused by the issue in the screenshot below. IB had some issues yesterday. it is good now.
      Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post zstheorist  
      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes