Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmanaged Vs managed mode real performance in fast markets

Hi NT,

As you know, yesterday was the FOMC for raising interest rates, which is an event widely known by its high volatility and a furious fast pace in market price action. I've been working for quite some time in a Strategy which runs under "Unmanaged mode". This Strategy has stood different fast pace markets decently, it's a simple strategy that does simple calculations, therefore gets fast signals and triggers orders. However yesterday's action let me clear that my strategy was behind the action after FOMC decision; and I'm not telling "behind" cause obvious reasons such as: limit orders unfilled, slow strategy..etc but I'm suspecting that "managed mode" is even more efficient and fast processing all strategy's actions than "unmanaged mode"; am I right? what does your experience tell ?

Thanks in advance

Hello pstrusi,

There would be no performance difference between Unmanaged and Managed. When large volume occurs, both Unmanaged and Managed would have the same performance.

I would recommend implementing our performance tips from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    Some key items to focus on when it comes to charting are the following:
    • The DaysToLoad/BarsToLoad setting for your charts can be reduced to improve performance. This option is viewed when right clicking in your chart > selecting Data Series. For information on working with Price Data please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm
    • The indicators on the chart have two options that can be set to improve performance. The CalculateOnBarClose option can be set to True to improve performance, and the MaximumBarsLookBack can be set to TwoHundredFiftySix (which is the default setting).
    • When right clicking in the chart and selecting Properties, you will find an option called Update Display Interval. This can be set to a higher value on charts you may not be viewing at all times to help improve performance. This will only delay the visual update and not the actual data or calculations of indicators or strategies.

There is no one option to improve performance, and you may only need to use one of these settings on one chart.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance

Comment

Thank you very much for your complete and useful answer. That's what I need to confirm.

Best regards Patrick

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes