Positions matching IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positions matching IB

My positions as seen in the Positions tab of NT (6.5.1000.2) have started not matching my positions in IB's desktop TWS (884.8). This seems to occur intermittently after a position close order has been executed (I use limit orders). I track positions in my code and the fills are being received by NT in my code (using TradeStation) , but for some reason NT is not registering that the position has been closed out. Sometimes hours later NT will see that the position has been closed.

This problem started when I switched my accounts to a new FA master account. Prior to that with the old master account it worked fine. The new FA master account and sub-accounts do not subscribed to market data. I am seeing errors in NT's log ("Requested market data data is not subscribed. 354" even though I am placing limit orders and not requesting market data as far as I know). Could that be the problem or do you have any other suggestions of where to look?

Thank you.

Hmm ... let's see what we have:
    - please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.3
    - please make sure you are on TWS 884: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm
    - message "Requested market data data is not subscribed. 354" should not be related
    - if after upgrading you still experience this issue then:
    * please send logs and traces by help->Mail to support, subject "for Dierk" and reference this thread
    * pls provide me timestamp on when you had an execution which did NOT trigger a position update

Comment

Also: On FA accounts it could take a while until positions are updated. That's the nature of the IB API. But definitely not hours...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18