Time Zone daylight savings issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Zone daylight savings issue

HI there, I recently bought a new desktop running Windows 10. I got all data moved over from on older Windows 7 machine. As year end approaches I started looking at some of my trades and noticed what I believe to be a timezone issue.

The chart is showing a time one hour earlier for dates prior to daylight savings in November.

I have attached images of
    my session template,
    my windows 10 time settings
    a chart with the display of a 10 minute chart indicating Oct 30 open bar of 8:10
    a chart with the display of a 10 minute chart indicating Nov 2 open bar at 9:10

Anyone see anything causing this issue? I also went back to march and found the same issue. Pre daylight savings has the 9:10 stamp

I am not located in the EST timezone but have had my computer set to EST for years for trading and Ninja purposes I am in the Arizona timezone(no daylight savings observed) is there some location recognition that might be causing this?

Any help truly appreciated!
    Attached Files

Hello stalt,

Just to confirm your local PC clock is set to Eastern time, is this correct?

May I confirm that the Adjust for daylight savings time automatically is enabled on this computer in the Date and Time settings?

If you right-click the chart and select Reload All Historical Data, does this correct the chart?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

PC Clock is set to Eastern
      Adjust for daylight savings time automatically is enabled Tried reloading all historical data.
      Issue still exists

Comment

Originally posted by stalt View Post
        PC Clock is set to Eastern
        Adjust for daylight savings time automatically is enabled Tried reloading all historical data.
        Issue still exists
        Hmm. Just tried reloading again and it seems to be ok. I will review bars around a few historical daylight savings dates and see if it is corrected.

Comment

I just ran a backtest and have the same issue there. All daylight savings dates are entering at 8:00 am and not 9:00 am.

Comment

Hi stalt,

I'd like to take a look with you.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trimpy, Today, 04:38 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by dpolyakov, 03-29-2024, 11:30 AM
            4 responses
            2 likes